By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if: Sony and Microsoft had both launched in 2005 at $399?

Sooooo PS3 fans have to construct their own alternate universe to win???? Cause thats what I see here.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

It baffles me how many people tear apart my thread yet I didn't see anyone saying these things in the "What if Wii didn't have motion controls?" or "What if Nintendo had made Gamecube with Wii tech?" threads. Yes it's an alternate reality just like the other ones I've seen recently.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
It baffles me how many people tear apart my thread yet I didn't see anyone saying these things in the "What if Wii didn't have motion controls?" or "What if Nintendo had made Gamecube with Wii tech?" threads. Yes it's an alternate reality just like the other ones I've seen recently.

I guess people are just attacking this thread because it seems to be very pro-PlayStation, whereas those two scenarios were not particularly favorable for Nintendo. It's a shame, because although I'm not sure where all of your reasoning is coming from, the question is a valid and interesting one.

Love and tolerate.

sales2099 said:
Sooooo PS3 fans have to construct their own alternate universe to win???? Cause thats what I see here.

LOL

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

The ps3 would of had zero games.

Nothing sony could have realistically done would have done much to detract from the xbxo360's success. Ps2 sold 150m copies based on the fact that everything was exclusive on it. This gen, most 3rd parties went multiplatform from the get go, even square released FFXI on the 360 in 2006. arguable more important though is the fact that the 360s exclusive line up for 2006-2008 beats sony's hands down. Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Lost Odyssey, Bioshock... The system had to a success.

Around the Network

It seems that even tablets will be more powerful than next gen consoles.

I currently use PC for games: 85% while consoles: 15%(only for some exclusives).

sales2099 said:

Technically, OP is correct, without the headstart, Sony would be 8 million consoles in front of Microsoft right now, even with the $600 price tag, based on their sales year for year.

Luckily, that's not what happened.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

Technically, OP is correct, without the headstart, Sony would be 8 million consoles in front of Microsoft right now, even with the $600 price tag, based on their sales year for year.

well... no. changing things back in time at one crucial step does *not* mean that you only change this but also a lot of other things that depend directly or indirectly with this change. the outcome is totally unclear.