By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U to have play limits on demos like the 3DS

This is the FIFA demo.

If the 3DS is any indication then this 10 demo limit is not set in stone.  As most 3DS demo limits were as low as 5 or as high as 30 ( or in the rare case of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy unlimited).

Thinking about of all the 3DS demos I played, Rayman Origins was the only one I played more than half of the limit, cause it was just that much fun.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

wow... that's just ridicoulous, but it makes a little bit of sense

mM
leo-j said:
wow... that's just ridicoulous, but it makes a little bit of sense

Care to give some more detail?

Couldn't care less. I have never reached those limits on the 3DS. If you want to play the same demo more then 10 times, buy the fricken game.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Couldn't care less. I have never reached those limits on the 3DS. If you want to play the same demo more then 10 times, buy the fricken game.

Yeah really, I don't think I played any of the demos more than a few times. Maybe the Mutant Mudds one, and only because I put off buying it for too long.

How many times can you replay the same 1-3 levels? At some point the game either starts to bore you or you decide to buy the full version.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

Well with Rayman, it just came out this month for the 3DS here in North America. :(

Yep got the FIFA demo, already knew this.

the_dengle said:

How many times can you replay the same 1-3 levels? At some point the game either starts to bore you or you decide to buy the full version.

I didn't know Fifa had levels... in what year was this feature added?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
the_dengle said:

I wasn't talking about FIFA. Most demos I've played (and that's a lot) are broken up into levels, and even the ones that technically aren't can still be classified as "a level" out of the game. Sports games are one of the few exceptions that likely can't be broken down into levels, although admittedly I haven't played a sports game demo so I have no clue what kind of game modes you can actually play.

the_dengle said:
TomaTito said:
the_dengle said:

I wasn't talking about FIFA. Most demos I've played (and that's a lot) are broken up into levels, and even the ones that technically aren't can still be classified as "a level" out of the game. Sports games are one of the few exceptions that likely can't be broken down into levels, although admittedly I haven't played a sports game demo so I have no clue what kind of game modes you can actually play.

Of course it's a game-by-game basis, and I'm sure the publisher can decide how many times it can be played. A sports game could offer tutorials and a quickmatch with a limited selection of teams.

Like its been said, if you've passed your limits then you should already be considering the game. The limited plays are just an incentive.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"