By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3 (revisited)

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3 (total lifetime sales)

Uncharted 3 647 72.86%

Gears of War 3 241 27.14%

Total:888
dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:

And still no sales data to back up anything you've said. Got it. 

like i said you can use common sense or you can be a fanboy, choose what ever you like, look at uncharted DF first 10 weeks  WW on a holiday season it sold less then a million, yet it magically did 4.5 million units if the game was not bundled it would have never seen 2.5 million.

Or I could use data, if I make claims. You've done no such thing and expect your arguments to hold water.

Go ahead and use data show me game that sold less then a million in its first 10 weeks and did 3 million, keep in mind uncharted DF did 4.5 million, i'm waiting.

Not quite what you asked, but Demon's Souls did under 100,000 in its first 10 weeks, and now rests at 1.67m. Sometimes games take a long time for people to be aware of them - UC:DF suffered from this as well. 

All those sales came when the game was dropped to 10$ and ithink vgchartz way over tracked that game.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

Go ahead and use data show me game that sold less then a million in its first 10 weeks and did 3 million, keep in mind uncharted DF did 4.5 million, i'm waiting.

Poor example due to the staggered release. It released in Europe 3 Weeks later than it did in NA.

uncharted would not have reach gears sales without heavy bundle so argue all you want but will not change anything

CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:

Or I could use data, if I make claims. You've done no such thing and expect your arguments to hold water.

Interesting that you want data from someone who never made a claim about any specific amount. Also intersting that you flip flop as much as you do, so now the subject is about Drake's Fortune? 

Provide data for Uncharted 3, the subject at hand, or accept that you are merely speculating. No figures, no argument.

i'm done aguing with you if your too blind to use common sense to see those games listed got a huge boost because of bundles, then forget it. i gave you great examples, but you choose to ignore them, keep fighting the good fight.

Carl2291 said:
ZaneWane said:

i can not see you last long here with that attitude

Coming from you of all people, this post is hilarious.

i do not stalk and flame members unlike some

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
dsgrue3 said:

Not quite what you asked, but Demon's Souls did under 100,000 in its first 10 weeks, and now rests at 1.67m. Sometimes games take a long time for people to be aware of them - UC:DF suffered from this as well. 

All those sales came when the game was dropped to 10$ and ithink vgchartz way over tracked that game.

Blatantly False:

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Weekly&game%5B%5D=Demon%27s+Souls+%28PS3%29+%5B31689%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

Take a look for yourself.

Blip at October 11, 2009 is the North American release.

Blip at June 27, 2010 is the European release.

So from release in Japan Feb 5th, 2009 throughout June 27, 2010 we can deduce that is full price. Roughly 72 weeks or 600,000 units sold.

Do you ever make sensible posts that use data or just endless suppositions that are easily disproven through facts? LOL

CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:

Interesting that you want data from someone who never made a claim about any specific amount. Also intersting that you flip flop as much as you do, so now the subject is about Drake's Fortune? 

Provide data for Uncharted 3, the subject at hand, or accept that you are merely speculating. No figures, no argument.

i'm done aguing with you if your too blind to use common sense to see those games listed got a huge boost because of bundles, then forget it. i gave you great examples, but you choose to ignore them, keep fighting the good fight.

Cool, you have finally given me the response I expected - "I have no clue how much bundles have helped these games, so all I can do is speculate". 

Good day sir.

actually if you look up games sells you would see its easily helps them by 1.5-2 million, i have a good clue i compare them to  game with similer sales with out bundles which i have you on the other hand have no clue what your taling about.

dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:
dsgrue3 said:

Blatantly False:

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Weekly&game%5B%5D=Demon%27s+Souls+%28PS3%29+%5B31689%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

So from release in Japan Feb 5th, 2009 throughout June 27, 2010 we can deduce that is full price. Roughly 72 weeks or 600,000 units sold.

Do you ever make sensible posts that use data or just endless suppositions that are easily disproven through facts? LOL

ok demons sould can not even be used for a 10 week comparsion it was released at differnt months IN PARTS OF THE WORLD, so its an invalid comparson, NEXT.

ninjablade said:
dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:
dsgrue3 said:

Blatantly False:

ok demons sould can not even be used for a 10 week comparsion it was released at differnt months IN PARTS OF THE WORLD, so its an invalid comparson, NEXT.

Ah, but this isn't about the comparison, it's about your position that all of its sales came from the bargain bin - $10 - hilarious as the game is still $20 everywhere...

Seriously since when was a game being a system seller a bad thing? XD