By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3 (revisited)

Uncharted 3 vs Gears of War 3 (total lifetime sales)

Uncharted 3 647 72.86%

Gears of War 3 241 27.14%

Total:888
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
Hynad said:

Seems like roughly the same shift in sales happened between GoW 2 to GoW 3. ^^,

the fact is almost every single mass bundled game does over 5 million, you wanna judge how populer a franshise with out bias, look at its first 2 months of sales, especially if its released during the holidays.

But, from what I've heard, Uncharted: DF was "mass bundled". Still waiting on solid figures, by the way...

Uncharted: DF  was a huge bomb and managed 4.5 million units, look at its first month of sales its something of a joke, and the ps3 was selling horrible at that time other wise it would be at 6 million.

Uncharted: DF bombed? OK, we're done here. 

it sold 200,000 units, first 2 months of release, in the us, check npd, and the was in the holiday season, but of course bundles make every game look s great.

why are you changing the subject talking about first weeks and first months? uncharted 3 is about the pass gears of war any time now so who gives a shit how it sold first week? you come off as an extreme butthurt gears of war fanboy that cant handle the fact that uncharted has become the bigger franchise over the years and your dying to try and prove it with your 5000 posts over the last few pages. in the end its all fruitless mate, cause uncharted is going to end with the higher number and thats all that going to matter, not whether it was bundled or whether it sold more than gears first week or not.

actually the fact is the uncharted franshise on ps3 will never pass the gears of war franshise on 360, so get your facts right.

U3 is going to pass geow3, so yes uncharted will become the bigger franchise and thanks for proving my point with this useless cheesy reply of yours and what the fuck is a franshise? you cant have made the mistake twice by accident, learn how to spell next time you try to make a valid argument.

franchise its exactly hard word to spell, i just suck at typing as long as you understand, who cares, and by your stupid argument, i could say LBP is a bigger fransise then GOW because it outsold it, anygame thats mass bundled can put up amazing numbers, when in reality it would have sold far less.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
Hynad said:

the fact is almost every single mass bundled game does over 5 million, you wanna judge how populer a franshise with out bias, look at its first 2 months of sales, especially if its released during the holidays.

But, from what I've heard, Uncharted: DF was "mass bundled". Still waiting on solid figures, by the way...

Uncharted: DF  was a huge bomb and managed 4.5 million units, look at its first month of sales its something of a joke, and the ps3 was selling horrible at that time other wise it would be at 6 million.

it sold 200,000 units, first 2 months of release, in the us, check npd, and the was in the holiday season, but of course bundles make every game look s great.

why are you changing the subject talking about first weeks and first months? uncharted 3 is about the pass gears of war any time now so who gives a shit how it sold first week? you come off as an extreme butthurt gears of war fanboy that cant handle the fact that uncharted has become the bigger franchise over the years and your dying to try and prove it with your 5000 posts over the last few pages. in the end its all fruitless mate, cause uncharted is going to end with the higher number and thats all that going to matter, not whether it was bundled or whether it sold more than gears first week or not.

actually the fact is the uncharted franshise on ps3 will never pass the gears of war franshise on 360, so get your facts right.

U3 is going to pass geow3, so yes uncharted will become the bigger franchise and thanks for proving my point with this useless cheesy reply of yours and what the fuck is a franshise? you cant have made the mistake twice by accident, learn how to spell next time you try to make a valid argument.

i can not see you last long here with that attitude

ZaneWane said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
Hynad said:

basically a fanboy with no common sense, ignores the fact that every single mass bundled game does amazing numbers, and compares to a game that not mass bundled, if halo 4 was mass bundled it would do 20 million easy.

ninjablade said:

i will always say this the best way to judge how big a franshise is by looking at the first 2 months of sales, first its offical numers and we an idea how many people will buy the game day 1 meaning that franshise is very important to them.

Okay.

UC2 - 10 weeks: 2.4m

UC3 - 10 weeks: 3.5m

Uncharted franchise is expanding in popularity by your own logic. Gears is too, just not as much:

GoW2 - 10 weeks: 4.3m

GoW3 - 10 weeks: 4.5m

Not sure why you don't think these games are comparable.

dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:

i will always say this the best way to judge how big a franshise is by looking at the first 2 months of sales, first its offical numers and we an idea how many people will buy the game day 1 meaning that franshise is very important to them.

Okay.

Uncharted franchise is expanding in popularity by your own logic. Gears is too, just not as much:

uncharted 2 is not even close, uncharted 3 is much closer but still has a huge advantage
 of being mass bundled, i'm not say there not comparable, i'm saying it not a fair comparson, i wanna point out again that almost every bundled game does amazing sales.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
dsgrue3 said:
ninjablade said:

Okay.

uncharted 2 is not even close, uncharted 3 is much closer but still has a huge advantage
 of being mass bundled, i'm not say there not comparable, i'm saying it not a fair comparson, i wanna point out again that almost every bundled game does amazing sales.

How is Uncharted 2 not close? I said I was done with you, because you ignore any argument that clears yours, but I really want to know how 6.08mill is not close to 6.58mill.

i was talking about the 10 weeks total,  mass bundled games easily get a 2 million in sales boost LTD sales, just look at forza 3 and LPB, those games would probably sold 3 million max.

ZaneWane said:

Coming from you of all people, this post is hilarious.

CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:

How is Uncharted 2 not close? I said I was done with you, because you ignore any argument that clears yours, but I really want to know how 6.08mill is not close to 6.58mill.

i was talking about the 10 weeks total,  mass bundled games easily get a 2 million in sales boost LTD sales, just look at forza 3 and LPB, those games would probably sold 3 million max.

And still no sales data to back up anything you've said. Got it. 

like i said you can use common sense or you can be a fanboy, choose what ever you like, look at uncharted DF first 10 weeks  WW on a holiday season it sold less then a million, yet it magically did 4.5 million units if the game was not bundled it would have never seen 2.5 million, samething for forza and LBP.

CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:

like i said you can use common sense or you can be a fanboy, choose what ever you like, look at uncharted DF first 10 weeks  WW on a holiday season it sold less then a million, yet it magically did 4.5 million units if the game was not bundled it would have never seen 2.5 million.

Or I could use data, if I make claims. You've done no such thing and expect your arguments to hold water.

Go ahead and use data show me game that sold less then a million in its first 10 weeks and did 3 million, keep in mind uncharted DF did 4.5 million, i'm waiting.

ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:
ninjablade said:
CGI-Quality said:

like i said you can use common sense or you can be a fanboy, choose what ever you like, look at uncharted DF first 10 weeks  WW on a holiday season it sold less then a million, yet it magically did 4.5 million units if the game was not bundled it would have never seen 2.5 million.

Or I could use data, if I make claims. You've done no such thing and expect your arguments to hold water.

Go ahead and use data show me game that sold less then a million in its first 10 weeks and did 3 million, keep in mind uncharted DF did 4.5 million, i'm waiting.

Not quite what you asked, but Demon's Souls did under 100,000 in its first 10 weeks, and now rests at 1.67m. Sometimes games take a long time for people to be aware of them - UC:DF suffered from this as well.