By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - VGChartz Top Ten Movies -- Inaugural Edition

that would be so hard really,like okr i have seen a lot of movies,the big blockbusters are great entertainment but as time passes you realise just how good some films are from the past,it would take me a while to pick some out but Godfather 2 would probably be on the list just off the top of my head,and a classic hitchcock for starters

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
pezus said:
Player2 said:

Top ten movies? I've barely watched 30 >_<

Why the OP isn't in Times New VGChartzian?

You've barely watched 30 movies?! Wtf

When you take in consideration the amount of money I had (barely went to the cinema, rented or bought movies), the bad quality of the spanish TV (and limited number of channels until recently) and the overall bad taste my parents have for... everything (I've almost never watched a movie with them) it makes sense.

Now that I see animated movies in this thread, and I tried to remember I think It's probably a bit higher (50-60?), though.

I will be tagging this, for the time being. Have to think through my decisions before putting the list out.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Rocky 2 has a better ending then the first movie but overall the first one is a much better movie then the second one.  It won the best picture Oscar the second one wasn't even nominated.

Tagged. Gonna have to think what my favourite films are.

Around the Network

1. Fight Club
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Harold and Maude
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. Inception
6. The Fountain
7. City of Lost Children
8. Moon
9. Magnolia
10. Secret of Nimh

1. Amelie (2001)
2. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
3. Volver (2006)
4. Lost in Translation (2003)
5. Inception (2010)
6. Fargo (1996)
7. Airplane (1980)
8. The Naked Gun (1988)
9. Monsters Inc. (2001)
10. Ratatouille (2007)

That would be my top 10 at least, I think! (And thank you for doing this Veknoid, sounds cool!)

1. Star Wars
2. Life of Brian
3. Avatar
4. The Matrix
5. Toy Story
6. Con Air
7. The Dark Knight
8. Shawshank Redemption
9. Inception
10. Shaun of the Dead

pezus said:
Player2 said:

When you take in consideration the amount of money I had (barely went to the cinema, rented or bought movies), the bad quality of the spanish TV (and limited number of channels until recently) and the overall bad taste my parents have for... everything (I've almost never watched a movie with them) it makes sense.

Now that I see animated movies in this thread, and I tried to remember I think It's probably a bit higher (50-60?), though.

Didn't you pirate?

Until 3 years ago we had a 1Mbps connection, and my smaller brother used it to download several hundreds of PS2 games he never played. Recently I've watched some things, though.

Chris Hu said:

Rocky 2 has a better ending then the first movie but overall the first one is a much better movie then the second one.  It won the best picture Oscar the second one wasn't even nominated.

Except for LOTR I don't think many sequels get Oscar nominations. For the most part of Rocky 1 nothing much happened with Stallone playing a loser. In Rocky 2 the people question Apollo's win after which he goes rage mode. Apollo is really cast as the bad guy which is awesome.