By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: It Only does Disappointment

My opinion on what he said.

"The Trophy system never compared to what Microsoft initiated with its Achievement system, and felt more forced than useful."

He gives nothing to support his reasoning here. How do trophies not compare to achievements? How do they feel forced when they function the exact same as Achievements?

"Forced installs of on-disc software continue to force me to decide what to delete in order to make room for new things."

This is a legitimately issue but only if you have an older model. This shouldn't be a problem with any console made in the past 3 years unless you install a lot of games.

"Monthly (or more) firmware updates and surprise patches mean that there's often a waiting minigame to be played before getting to enjoy the real game you want to play."

I've never had a problem with updates. They aren't frequent enough to cause problems.

"The PSN hack of 2011 and its associated outage still cast a specter over the online experience."

That did suck, but I'm not afraid of playing online or anything like that.

"On top of all that, many multiplatform offerings are clearly "second class" versions of games that run better on the Xbox 360."

Eh...I wouldn't say many. Only a small portion are much worse than 360 counterparts, from what I've seen anyway.

"Exclusive offerings weren't strong"

This isn't a direct quote but hes said it a few times. I disagree. There isn't much explaining necessary.

Around the Network

"I'm not speaking for an entire community. I'm speaking for myself, as one person. Sony has lost me, as a valued customer, unless it can prove unequivocally that the next generation will be different… because they have underperformed in all phases during this generation to the point that the PlayStation 3 is a "second class" platform that could never realistically compete with either the Wii or the Xbox 360."

So he doesn't have a fucking clue of what the next generation of consoles are gonna be like or how easy or hard they are gonna be to develop for, but he already decided that he will not get the PS4? His main beef is that third party games are not as shinny and smooth in the PS3 as they are they are in the 360. I give him that, yes that design choice has cost Sony a lot. But that was a decision made in 2005, 7 years ago, maybe more. I find it really hard that Sony is going to make the same choice again. This logic seems flawed to me, it screams "I am mad SONY! Listen to ME!"

"Monthly (or more) firmware updates" confuses me. We get, what, an average of 8 a year? Oh the horror.

Anyway, it sounds like the guy doesn't like Sony exclusives and he plays games for the sake of achievements, something I will never, ever understand. I don't even know what the hell you're supposed to do with a gamer score. E-peen isn't why I play games.

Also, if minor differences in games is that important to him then he really, really needs to switch over to PC.

"PlayStation 3 is a "second class" platform that could never realistically compete with either the Wii or the Xbox 360"

JayWood2010 said:

Yeah pretty much.  It just sounds like a bias opinion more than anything.  What I was surprised about is he says his Xbox failed on him but he lost faith in sony.  Did he lose faith in microsoft too?  All three companies this generation has had there fair share of problems so in his logic all three of them are dissapointments 

So you don't agree with this article?

Around the Network

I was waiting for somebody to post this

it seems that the multiplats hurt him the most

he wants to act all surprised that sh!t like skyrim and Cod run better on 360 lol

maybe i should buy another Wii so i can act all surprised when the games aren't in HD lol

Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah pretty much.  It just sounds like a bias opinion more than anything.  What I was surprised about is he says his Xbox failed on him but he lost faith in sony.  Did he lose faith in microsoft too?  All three companies this generation has had there fair share of problems so in his logic all three of them are dissapointments 

So you don't agree with this article?

Of course I don't agree with this article. It was idiotic for the most part. Most of the things he stated was preferences or minor issues that are not even worth mentioning for getting a future console.

I find article like this to be hilarious because of how badly opinionated they are instead of presenting factual information.

Kresnik said:
I like the part where he inadvertently pointed out that his 360 died after 2 and a half years of ownership and begun 'failing' after 2.

That said, if the majority of the games you play are multi-plats and you aren't enticed enough by PS3 exclusives, then yes, there's no real reason to own a PS3 over 360. While I've never had any problems with any PS3 multi-plat game (and I've never compared them side-by-side with a 360 game because why would I buy the same game twice) if you're bothered about performance of these titles then 360 is the better choice.

Didn't buy the trophy argument, though.

I've basically just been playing multiplatforms all year. There's still the difference of paying to play online. That trade off is worth whatever miniscule differences exist between the multiplatforms in my opinion. I agree though, if you do notice a difference, 360 is the best choice. Do people even notice the differences though? I've played COD:BO2 extensively on both PS3/360 and the biggest difference for me is using a different controller.

Dallinor said:
Kresnik said:
I like the part where he inadvertently pointed out that his 360 died after 2 and a half years of ownership and begun 'failing' after 2.

That said, if the majority of the games you play are multi-plats and you aren't enticed enough by PS3 exclusives, then yes, there's no real reason to own a PS3 over 360. While I've never had any problems with any PS3 multi-plat game (and I've never compared them side-by-side with a 360 game because why would I buy the same game twice) if you're bothered about performance of these titles then 360 is the better choice.

I've basically just been playing multiplatforms all year. There's still the difference of paying to play online. That trade off is worth whatever miniscule differences exist between the multiplatforms in my opinion. I agree though, if you do notice a difference, 360 is the best choice. Do people even notice the differences though? I've played COD:BO2 extensively on both PS3/360 and the biggest difference for me is using a different controller.

people did earlier this generation

i remember i was BEATING THE BRAKES off of somebodies ass in Fight Night Round 3 on ps3 in like 2007 and 1 of my friends(who is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a fanboy) said "woah! this looks better on the 360, man"

but now the games seem to look the same for the most part except for the bayonettas here and there

Dallinor said:
Kresnik said:

Very minor differences that you will barely notice.  Most of it has to do with fram rate issues.  Just developers being lazy more than anything.