By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3: It Only does Disappointment

sales2099 said:
Well, it does have a point in that many gamers who favourite the PS3 are overly reliant on other systems ironically.

PS3 fans routinely play multiplats on 360 or better yet (to save face on the internet) the PC to play those console games not on PS3 like Witcher 2 or Minecraft.

PS3, by itself, can't satisfy the typical PS3 fan. I have always believed this.

Really?  Satisfies me just fine.  Whether it be exclusives or multiplats I have no issues with the PS3 at all.  Not to mention that not only does it act as my console of choice it is also an integral part of my entertainment center.  So um... yeah.. no. 

Around the Network
Darkseider said:
sales2099 said:
Well, it does have a point in that many gamers who favourite the PS3 are overly reliant on other systems ironically.

PS3 fans routinely play multiplats on 360 or better yet (to save face on the internet) the PC to play those console games not on PS3 like Witcher 2 or Minecraft.

Really?  Satisfies me just fine.  Whether it be exclusives or multiplats I have no issues with the PS3 at all.  Not to mention that not only does it act as my console of choice it is also an integral part of my entertainment center.  So um... yeah.. no. 

Cool. But your an exception.

Walk into any gaming forum. Any. Say 360 has great games like Left 4 Dead, Witcher 2, Gears of War, etc.

Almost all responses will be "Those aren't exclusive I can just play them on PC".

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kowenicki said:
It's just some guy and his opinion. Who cares.

You can bet if his conclusion had been the opposite though then this thread would be very different.

Yeah the rest of the usual 'people' would have showed up and dragged the thread down whilst claiming it's 'the other' people who have the problem..... thankfully that didn't happen for once Kowenicki.

badgenome said:
JayWood2010 said:

Sony has lost me, as a valued customer, unless it can prove unequivocally that the next generation will be different… because they have underperformed in all phases during this generation to the point that the PlayStation 3 is a "second class" platform that could never realistically compete with either the Wii or the Xbox 360.

Second class third party support but that statement is actually right.  The PS3 never could compete with the Wii until it reached a mass market price point.

kowenicki said:

it cant be, when i said that the other day i was rebuked by a well know playstation fan, i expect him to rebuke you too.

Thats why I said it to you

badgenome said:

Um... I like watching "Bubble Pop" with the sound off, if that counts.

Why didnt I know of this video before now? Why?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Darkseider said:
sales2099 said:

Walk into any gaming forum. Any. Say 360 has great games like Left 4 Dead, Witcher 2, Gears of War, etc.

Almost all responses will be "Those aren't exclusive I can just play them on PC".

Not sure if you've heard, but there is a whole world out there that exists outside of gaming forums and youtube.

The vast majority do not buy both a 360 and a PS3 and buy games for each dependant on reviews and/or digital foundry articles, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

sales2099 said:
Darkseider said:
sales2099 said:

that mainly only happens when you say "360 has great EXCLUSIVES like Left 4 Dead, Witcher 2, Gears of War, etc."

or if you are saying " 360 has great games like Left 4 Dead, Witcher 2, Gears of War, etc." in a debate area where people are talking about exclusives

Yea, I read the original article and had to stop reading about halfway due to the extreme hating that was going on.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

BTW I'm very happy to see the way everybody is acting in this thread :) Everybody seems to be acting real mature about all of this.

sales2099 said:
Darkseider said:
sales2099 said:

Er.  But almost everyone has a PC.  It almost sounds like you're saying that a 360 is superfluous.

Which it can be, of course, depending on taste, which is true for any of the HD consoles, including the Wii U.  I know that having a gaming PC already was much of the reason I went with a PS3 at the start of this generation.  The only 360 game I wanted to play was Halo, while there were several Sony IPs I liked.  So, yeah, if that's what you're saying then I agree.