By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU gamepad drop test

I normally wouldn't be surprised by a Nintendo product doing well in a test of durability, but with the built in screen not being damaged at all, I think that's pretty damn impressive.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Nintendium, kept as secret as Coca Cola Co. formula.

I've been wanting to see a test like that. But I didn't want to ask anyone to do it, for fear of feeling really guilty afterwards :P

Cobretti2 said:
well Nintnedo have always spent more money on quality builds than gflops.

LOL. That made my day.

Pretty much what I expected ... For the most part, you need to do something pretty extreme to break most of Nintendo's products.

While I haven't got a clue what Nintendo's testing included, I suspect that they tested the Wii U tablet against drops of pretty unrealistic heights to ensure that most people didn't have unfortunate accidents. If I were involved in testing it I would test it against a drop of something like 12 or 15 feet ... At that kind of a height I wouldn't be too woried about general damage as long as you had a relatively high rate of it still working after being dropped.

Around the Network

cool, I have three young daughters so I can see this being dropped now and then.

I wanted to see him toss it up in the air.

um.. it's Nintendo

pretty impressive none the less

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

If the screen is gorilla glass, that helps too. I've only managed to break a phone screen by walking into the corner of a table and that impact was enough to leave a giant bruise where the phone impacted my hip.

Reminds me of the Vita drop. These mobile devices are getting much sturdier than they use to be.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(