By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU gamepad drop test

Nintendo makes great, durable hardware.  I remember X-Play did a damage test where the Gamecube outlasted the PS2 and Xbox.

Most impressive though is this bad boy, which survived a barracks bombing during the Gulf War and still works:

Around the Network

Typical Nintendo. They are known to break TV's.

Not surprising. My little brother once dropped our Gamecube down 12 bare wooden stairs and it worked just fine. I actually did the same thing again with the Gamecube just for fun after we got our Wii. Still worked.

Impressive indeed. Still gonna protect my pad like a newborn baby though.

Normando said:
Not surprising. My little brother once dropped our Gamecube down 12 bare wooden stairs and it worked just fine. I actually did the same thing again with the Gamecube just for fun after we got our Wii. Still worked.

Abusing a gamecube for fun is as bad as child abuse.

Around the Network

A guy shot at me, once. I hid behind a Nintendo 64. The bullet bounced off of the console and killed him.

archbrix said:

Nintendo makes great, durable hardware.  I remember X-Play did a damage test where the Gamecube outlasted the PS2 and Xbox.

Most impressive though is this bad boy, which survived a barracks bombing during the Gulf War and still works:

I don't... what. THIS ROCKS.

I now fully expect my Nintendo consoles to outlive me. 

All my Nintendo consoles are still alive btw n.n

I got all three N64s that still work, one had an issue where it wouldn't turn on for a few weeks but then rectified itself (wtf?). My two gamecubes still work as well. My Wii had to be sent in twice (one for not reading dual layered discs and the other time for being too loud), but I'm pretty sure everyone had the prior issue.

However does anybody's reset button on the N64 still work?

Well, I'm not too surprised about this. The Wii U gamepad doesn't weight a lot, so as we could see it's basically just bouncing around.

@shakarak Yeah, that button has been broken/stuck for ages. It probably didn't take more than a year for that to happen.