By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target"

Just to be clear as I might be out of the loop, but is everyone using 2 days of UK sales to determine how it's selling all around the world?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Until we see any sales figures for this game I'm going to guess that they're just PR-ing it.

That said, it depends what they expected really. They might be advertising it a lot, but I doubt they had more than moderate expectations for this. And even then, it's going to be a legs game rather than a MASSIVE FIRST WEEK game I'd have thought. Which is a problem round these parts, if it doesn't sell crazy numbers first week no-one seems to talk about it again =/

But again, I'll wait and see where it is in this week's 'chartz numbers.

"On target" and "in line with our expectations"

is PR speak. Translated into English it means (roughly) "Sh*t, that's not good".

Allstars wasn't a AAA game in development. That game will break even at 500-600k give or take and the rest will be profit.

No matter what the sales will be worse then what it should be. Mostly because I think this is a legs game.

Around the Network

I've seen no advertisements for the game, I've seen a lot for Wonderbook such a shame

We don't even have sales yet lmfao. Only chart position...and its in the UK.
Wait till USA/Europe numbers before calling it a flop.

Actually lets wait a whole year people, this may turn up like LBP did.

Marketing has been strong, word of mouth will help it.

The game is reasonably priced on PSN so for once people mentioning high digital sales could have a point with this one.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Euphoria14 said:
Just to be clear as I might be out of the loop, but is everyone using 2 days of UK sales to determine how it's selling all around the world?

Yes. It's like such a cliche now. People underestimate the LT sales of a ps3 game? Shocking I say

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!