By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation All-Stars Sales "are Right on Target"

News from the UK indicates that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is selling very poorly. Sources such as Gamasutra note that the game placed 38th out of 40 games, in order of sales, in its opening week.

However, these numbers struck me as somewhat unfair for two reasons. For starters, All-Stars launched in the UK on November 23rd. Weekly sales ceased being counted on November 24th. But perhaps the bigger issue is that All-Stars was also available digitally day one for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and digital downloads are becoming a popular option for PlayStation gamers, especially on the latter platform.

Then again, maybe All-Stars really isn’t selling well. I wanted to get to the bottom of it, so I reached out to Sony to see if they’d comment. When I inquired about rumors of lagging sales for All-Stars, a representative told me that “Sales are right on target with expectations and we are happy with them.”

Of course, what those expectations are remain to be seen, but Sony being “happy” with All-Stars sales so far illustrates a different picture than what the limited data from the UK charts shows. The only other evidence we have to work with is anecdotal: the game is buzzing on PSN and, at least on IGN, it’s also hugely popular.

We’ll have to wait for November NPD numbers, as well as fuller numbers from Europe, before painting the full picture of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s success (or lack thereof).

source

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

I hope it does really well. I'm hoping for 300k first week (I know, big hope) :(

Their target must be low

BS all the way.

PR is PR, what else did you expect them to say.

Around the Network

Isn't that what they said about the Vita?

:/

Lets just wait for the numbers for the next 2 weeks, the 1st weekly obviously doesn't count as its just 1 day of sales. Its not the sort of title where people que for a midnight launch, its sells would be spread fairly even throuhout the week. I'm picking mine up 2moro

Sony pr loves to use "right on target" whatever the sales are.

pezus said:
Kynes said:
Sony pr loves to use "right on target" whatever the sales are.

They're just that good at predicting

That's why they change the predicted vita sales at each financial report.

Maybe they're "happy" with WW launch numbers, but they just can't be happy with UK sales.