By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry Face-Off: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition on Wii U

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Remember all that bragging about getting games to run on Wii U in like 5 seconds? That was probably all the time they spent on them before calling it a day.

forest-spirit said:
Remember all that bragging about getting games to run on Wii U in like 5 seconds? That was probably all the time they spent on them before calling it a day.

Quite true (I actually wanted to say that :3), but in the end of the day, money is money.

Having said that, they do need to have a different proposal for the core audience if they're really serious about them.

ethomaz said:

Another bad port...

The memory and CPU speed issues on Wii U is showing your face... I just expect that first-party and exclusives games uses the eDRAM to try to avoid theses issues.

For now...

BOPS 2 => 360:1 PS3WiiU:0
ME3 => 360:1 PS3WiiU:0
B: AC => 360:1 PS3WiiU:0

Fixed since Wii U is obviously an HD console as well you silly person. 360 wins actually and the other 2 both loose.

dahuman said:
ethomaz said:

Another bad port...

The memory and CPU speed issues on Wii U is showing your face... I just expect that first-party and exclusives games uses the eDRAM to try to avoid theses issues.

For now...

Fixed since Wii U is obviously an HD console as well you silly person. 360 wins actually and the other 2 both loose.

You are right .

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
dahuman said:
ethomaz said:

Another bad port...

For now...

You are right .

eDRAM is not magic btw, what they need to do is have an actual working Wii U engine that's optimized. No port runs well with a shit engine even if  it's being run on a device that's 10x more powerful.

dahuman said:

eDRAM is not magic btw, what they need to do is have an actual working Wii U engine that's optimized. No port runs well with a shit engine even if  it's being run on a device that's 10x more powerful.

The problem lies here... I can't see a third-party dev optimizing any cross-engine specifically for Wii U... I already see that novel with PS3 (and the PS3 have a better third-party support).

Exclusives and first-party game will run better and optimized on Wii U... the other games, well I'm not sure.

This is pretty crazy how these ports are under performing. I think Nintendos first party games like metroid, zelda, 3d mario and such will show some incredible stuff off though.

keroncoward said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I have actually read complaints about the wiiu version compared to the others. I will try and find some more info on it. 

I have heard about Batman having horrible frame rate issues. I have Black Ops 2 and theres a few hiccups here and there but AC3 plays fine to me. Its as smooth as botox balls.....not sure if its "exactly" 60fps but i have not experienced any frame drops yet.

Given that the PS360 versions run at 30FPS I can't imagine that the WiiU version runs at 60FPS. Just because there are no hiccups doesn't mean that it's 60FPS.

pezus said:
In a world where the best version is available for $7.5, why would anyone pay $60 for this?

Believe it or not, there's a market that would, they are not aware of the rip-off. To them, it's a value.