By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 Outsells All 2012 PS3 Exclusives Combined (70+ Metacritic)

BenVTrigger said:
Not sure which is crazier

Halos amazing sales.

Or that Sony fans are adding heaps of tiny games together to somehow pass Halo.

When did I do that?

Around the Network

2012 isn't over yet. PSABR + Wonderbook should put PS3 exclusvies above Halo 4 if they sell well enough.
Will you be updating this page every week as the numbers get updated?

PSASBR isn't an exclusive. It's also available on PS Vita

VGKing said:
2012 isn't over yet. PSABR + Wonderbook should put PS3 exclusvies above Halo 4 if they sell well enough.

They already are, by quite a margin, read back a bit :)

BenVTrigger said:
Sal.Paradise said:
BenVTrigger said:
Not sure which is crazier

Halos amazing sales.

Or that Sony fans are adding heaps of tiny games together to somehow pass Halo.

Well excuse us crazy Sony fans for making the thread accurate...

Im not bashing here or anything.  Im just saying the more obscure games added to the list to pass Halo the worse it actually looks.  The fact that one game sells on par with that massive list is just insane.  

Its been a very weak year for exclusive Sony sales though but I expect next year will be much hetter

Halo 4 is a very popular established IP, all the PS3 exclusives released this year as pretty much new IP, which explains why sales are so low.

BTW, I'm pretty sure VgChartz has MLB 12 heavily undertracked.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

all very interesting but completely irrelevant

Sony fans usually welcome exclusives discussions. why so shy now?

Not really irrelevant. He's just sayin' (it seems), that though 2012 seems to be not so good for Sony, overall in the big picture we get a different picture.

A fair reminder. The minecraft point wasn't too bad either.

sales2099 said:

Added it. Its below 70 on meta but I am true to my word for this thread.

True, but that makes the thread less interesting.

man-bear-pig said:
PSASBR isn't an exclusive. It's also available on PS Vita

It's not on Xbox 360 or PC, it's an exclusive. 
Vita is irrelevant. It's not like we're counting Vita sales.

Sal.Paradise said:
VGKing said:

They already are, by quite a margin, read back a bit :)

Saw the list, are those games above 70 on Metacritic?

sales2099 said:

I said in the OP that it used games with a meta over 70 to filter out shovelware.I included One Piece because even though its below 70 it did sell almost a million, so its pretty popular.

So has it come to this? Were now going to include PS3 exclusive shovelware to disprove this thread???

well, to be fair, if a game sells and is considered worthy by the community despite its metacritic rating, I think it should at least be considered to be added. If xbox is above this year then you needn't be worried.

Wow, I hadn't realized what a terrible offering Sony had for exclusives on the year. Crazy! Then again, I don't mind saving money and multiplats have been solid.