By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 Outsells All 2012 PS3 Exclusives Combined (70+ Metacritic)

Considering that Halo 4 was the only title that myself and a lot of multi-console owners purchased (noticed by friends and acquaintances), I wonder if, without a new Halo and after Gears "4", if sales for 360 games will be as slumpy and slow as the ps3 exclusives of this year, next year?

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network
silicon said:
sales2099 said:
silicon said:
sales2099 said:
silicon said:
Another interesting fact Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 so far earned $593 million worldwide gross.

Making it 81st all time money earner.

Movie goer demographics are very diverse. These games I listed......appeal to pretty much the same type of gamer.Bad analogy

Actually it's a very apt analogy since they are both an products of an old franchise with a dedicated audience. 

No because Twilight appeals to teenage girls. These games mostly all appeal to the male 12-28 demographic.

The average gamer is 30, from 37. If the demographic is 12-28, that seems very specific and not diverse, probably not accounting for more than half the number of gamers.

http://kotaku.com/5931077/the-average-age-of-a-gamer-just-dropped-by-seven-years-um-what

Some heavy quotes around gamer. lol

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Change the thread title to 'All PS3 exclusives released in 2012 outsell Halo 4'

man-bear-pig said:
Change the thread title to 'All PS3 exclusives released in 2012 outsell Halo 4'

Misleading title, nice try

Not many big PS3 exclusives this year, sales have been pretty awful. Halo is one of the biggest franchises of all time, so I don't think anyone didn't see this coming.

Around the Network

That just shows how diverse the offerings of PS3 is. I would happily sacrifice Halo 4 for being able to choose from all those games.

Carl2291 said:
One Piece is missing from the PS3 list. Its the biggest PS3 exclusive of the Year with ~900k sold in Japan.

Im curious - What were the highest 360 exclusives before Halo? Kinect Star Wars?

LOL, don't start on that topic, let Microsoft fans be happy with one exclusive a year.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Lostplanet22 said:
BTW you should have used Minecraft sales =p.

Last time I checked you could play Minecraft on pc and ipod/iphones. Not an exclusive.

Not sure which is crazier

Halos amazing sales.

Or that Sony fans are adding heaps of tiny games together to somehow pass Halo.

sales2099 said:
silicon said:
Another interesting fact Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 so far earned $593 million worldwide gross.

Making it 81st all time money earner.

Movie goer demographics are very diverse. These games I listed......appeal to pretty much the same type of gamer.Bad analogy

Tales of Graces typically appeals to people who like Halo 4? What are you smoking?

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.