By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

VGKing said:
oni-link said:
VGKing said:
Bad numbers. Especially 3DS.

Black Friday week 2011: 495,944
Black Friday week 2012: 250,000

OUCH.

Oh and the DS sold 275k. I can't help but think there is consumer confusion out there.

Wii U sales are DECENT. Not surprising it didn't match Wii sales. Next week it should have a sharp drop. These week 1 sales have months and months of pre-orders. So from 400k, I expect next week sales to be about 200k. Give or take.

says the boy who worships the Playstation brand!!!  I wonder how your Vita sales are gonna be?

I don't worhsip anything. How will Vita sales be? Hopefully around the 100k mark.

So in short, you mean below the 3DS or DS.   Thank you that's all.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
ethomaz said:

oni-link said:

says the boy who worships the Playstation brand!!!  I wonder how your Vita sales are gonna be?

Hummmm... if Vita sold more than 250k I think VGC will explode with threads lol.

I think that's possible with the $179 Vita bunble sold out in every place.

Definitely possible. I bought one on Amazon; the deal was just too good to pass up, even if the software library isn't robust.

But I want to reiterate -- and this isn't directed at you ethomaz -- that 3DS is going to be just fine. I think everyone is making too big a deal out of one week.

We'll see in 6 months or so if that purchase was a good one or not; as we will get a bigger picture of the Vita's future.  Sadly, I am not optimistic. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Definitely possible. I bought one on Amazon; the deal was just too good to pass up, even if the software library isn't robust.

But I want to reiterate -- and this isn't directed at you ethomaz -- that 3DS is going to be just fine. I think everyone is making too big a deal out of one week.

I know the 3DS sales are fine but this holiday is not to be too good for it.

It's like I said in others threads the Vita sells like crap not because the low number... that's because it sells less than PSP... it's inadmissible a sucessor sells worst. I think neither Nintendo is happy with these numbers.

The Wii U for example had good sales... not great but good sales.

pokoko said:
Anyone else think the Wii U total sales would be higher without so many units reserved for bundles? For example, toysrus.com only has Scribblenauts/Batman bundles. Clearly there are plenty of Wii Us out there but perhaps not necessarily in the configurations that people want.

Even in bundles the deluxe SKU is not available online anywhere at the moment.  Toys R Us has no "add to cart" function for the deluxe, Gamestop's deluxe's are backordered, and both WiiU SKUs are sold out/not available online at Best Buy, Walmart, Target and Newegg, which means they are selling quite well as there is clearly not enough to replenish stock online.

The only place to find them currently is in stores as supply becomes available or on Amazon/eBay, usually at higher prices.

Black Friday 3DS sales are quite low. I expected a lot more there. Though I would be happy with Vita sales if they approached even close to that number. lol.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I know the 3DS sales are fine but this holiday is not to be too good for it.

It's like I said in others threads the Vita sells like crap not because the low number... that's because it sells less than PSP... it's inadmissible a sucessor sells worst. I think neither Nintendo is happy with these numbers.

The Wii U for example had good sales... not great but good sales.

Well the good news is that it's a marathon, not a sprint. Here's hoping all consoles are successful this holiday season :)

VicViper said:
bazmeistergen said:

ok...

Sorry if I was rude.
Also Reggie said that last year's was Wii's best black friday week ever, with 500k+ in sales. So it makes no sense the launch week (a black friday week) being higher than that

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-reveals-big-black-friday-sales-numbers-wii-3ds-mario-and-zelda/

You didn't seem rude to me :)

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

oni-link said:
ethomaz said:

oni-link said:

Hummmm... if Vita sold more than 250k I think VGC will explode with threads lol.

I think that's possible with the $179 Vita bunble sold out in every place.

I hope...my brother bought the damn thing and I keep telling him that if sales don't improve by this Christmas holiday it'll be a huge paper weight.  This holiday will determine whether third party support will be there in the future!!! 

Sales will improve by Christmas. They've been improving with each week.

archbrix said:
Train wreck said:
Gamestop.com availability:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles?nav=16k-wii+u,13ffff2412

If gamestop truly has a backlog, why not ship consoles available online to stores?

Because most people want the deluxe and as you can see in the link you provided it's still backordered.

That change seems recent because there was no back order when i first posted early this morning.

runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:

Yes, we do suck money from stupid people. That is why we do it.

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Actually it is not. It is just business. You know, supply and demand.

Nah. Totally unrequired middle man taking an opportunity to profit. There is absolutely no benefit to anyone other than the scalper.

Yes, that sounds like business to me. Make profit. If someone is so stupid that he is not getting what he wants for retail price, he will give his money to smart people who can offer them what they want.

Whatever. You are pointlessly inflating the price for your own selfish aims. If you have no qualms in doing this then you have psychopathic tendencies. And contempt for others.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.