By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360, Wii, and 3DS to dominate this holiday season! Black Friday eye witness report~

Izo said:
I was in Walmart and the only consoles people seemed to have with them was the Xbox 360.

did the shelves seem to have any WiiUs in stock?

Also what games did the 360 people have? casual kinnect stuff or like halo 4 or black ops 2?

Around the Network

At the stores I went to (Walmart, Target, Gamestop, and Best Buy from ~9:30 AM to ~2PM), there seemed to be slightly fewer 360s left than PS3s, while Wii Us were at about the same levels as the 360s. I only saw a couple Vita bundles left. I don't know if that was because they had fewer in stock or if they were selling decently. Didn't really look for the 3DSs/DSs, but didn't see them, so they may have been soldout.

Cobretti2 said:
Izo said:
I was in Walmart and the only consoles people seemed to have with them was the Xbox 360.

Also what games did the 360 people have? casual kinnect stuff or like halo 4 or black ops 2?

All I seen people with were the Xbox 360 special edition bundles. No Wii U's that I could see. Plenty of Wii's and PS3's.  That Wal-Mart probably had a low stock of Wii U already though.

Izo said:
Cobretti2 said:
Izo said:

All I seen people with were the Xbox 360 special edition bundles. No Wii U's that I could see. Plenty of Wii's and PS3's.  That Wal-Mart probably had a low stock of Wii U already though.

thanks. should be an interesting week for 360 game sales., with the obvious being the console sold well.

Cobretti2 said:
Izo said:
Cobretti2 said:
Izo said:

thanks. should be an interesting week for 360 game sales., with the obvious being the console sold well.

Oh yes thanks for reminding me. Walmart was having games for 10-15-25 . Walmart forgot to ship the xbox 360 game deals and people were complaining about it. The line to get to all the game deals was so huge. The wii games and ps3 games were ravaged but again they messed up on the 360 games. Judging from what I saw the xbox 360 x-mas desire is out of controll.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Looks like Forza 4 is set to outsell GT5 in 2012 sales next week.

Who gives a shit? LOL How many more million does it have left to go?

Last week a thread was locked when it was posted that Forza sales this gen surpassed GT sales this gen.

And this is one of the more civilized forums. lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

spurgeonryan said:

Where is the PS3 and Wii U? After a long Black Friday I noticed one thing. Those two were not selling

Well in future we can ignore your eyewitness reports, the final rankings were

360>PS3>wii U>wii>DS>3DS>vita

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

sales2099 > Forza can't even do GT5 PROLOGUE sells... Sériously stop trolling.

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
Looks like Forza 4 is set to outsell GT5 in 2012 sales next week.

Who gives a shit? LOL How many more million does it have left to go?

Last week a thread was locked when it was posted that Forza sales this gen surpassed GT sales this gen.

And this is one of the more civilized forums. lol

Thats as dumb as you guys talking about Halo selling more than X amount of PS3 games. Doesn't change the fact that GT or Halo sell more per game than their competitors on the opposing consoles. 

With all due respect to the OP I think the lesson we can take from this is that Black Friday eye witness reports are never really reliable simply because it paints a very very small picture of the overall situation.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4