By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360, Wii, and 3DS to dominate this holiday season! Black Friday eye witness report~

phenom08 said:
@Bouzane The fact that you believe it can catch the Wii is hilarious. Also Gt can be that much more popular because it has sold so little compared to the Wii. The Wii would need to sell well beyond the ps2 to be that much more popular so clearly your argument is highly flawed. It has outsold the Wii that much and is still that far behind. The fact is Forza is much closer to GT than PS3 is to Wii, no spin there at all lol.

Did I say the PS3's lifetime sales can catch the Wii? No? Learn to read please. I believe that the PS3 can close the gap considerably, not overtake the Wii. Also, I was comparing GT5 to Forza 4, not to the Wii. Again, what is wrong with your reading comprehension? Finally, when comparing games or consoles we use market share in terms of percentage, not direct comparisons of total unit sales beacuse doing so would be useless. Seriously, where's your logic? The 28.8 million gap between the Wii and PS3 can not be compared to the 5.53 million gap that exists between Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5. I don't even need to bring up the fact that the PS3 is outselling the Wii and the fact that the Wii's production will cease long before the PS3 for several reasons.

Around the Network

^Next time just stay out of my conversation. I was talking to stage not you. Read over our post so you'll understand why I mentioned Wii and GT lol. I don't care if you said it'll come close, it still fell short point, blank, period.

@Bouzane So even with more time on the market you believe it will fall short? The fact remains the PS3 has more room to make up than Forza, deal with it.

phenom08 said:
^Next time just stay out of my conversation. I was talking to stage not you. Read over our post so you'll understand why I mentioned Wii and GT lol. I don't care if you said it'll come close, it still fell short point, blank, period.

If I see a post that doesn't make sense I'll respond to it (although I may reconsider if it's you, you seem to have difficulty understanding things). I read every post in your conversation, there isn't anything that I didn't understand. sales2099 stated that "Looks like Forza 4 is set to outsell GT5 in 2012 sales next week" which I pointed out is blatantly untrue. Then you stated that "^Don't ps3 fans brag about PS3 outselling Wii for the year" in response to S.T.A.G.E.'s comment about GT5 vs Forza 4 and I demonstared how the PS3 and Wii will end up in a vitual dead heat while GT5 is far more popular than Forza 4  and is maintaining its lead (IE. these two things can not be compared). Nobody else cares whether or not you care about the PS3 vs Wii. Also, if you don't care, why respond or participate in the discussion at all?

phenom08 said:
@Bouzane So even with more time on the market you believe it will fall short? The fact remains the PS3 has more room to make up than Forza, deal with it.

No, it doesn't have more room to make up. GT5 has sold 3.08 times as much as Forza 4 and the gap is widening. The Wii is 1.42 times as popular as the PS3 and the PS3 is closing the gap. The whole point is that these two things are not similar at all. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Are you playing stupid or something?

Edit: What's with this immature "deal with it" remark. I honestly don't care how well the PS3 does, I'm merely pointing out facts. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Around the Network

looks like the just above the poverty line people finally could afford the DS and Wii.

360 sales are probably just the regular people who would be buying it anyway snapping up the good deals on offer.

@Bouzane Wow lol, the ratios are pointless because the Wii would have to sell like 200 million. Something which can't be done, because that would be insane. Home console ratios are harder because home consoles sell so much more than individual games. Of course my argument go against me, since software doesn't sell as much as hardware, the actually deficits have more chances to be bigger. So yes what I am saying is just as flawed but hey you butted in with flawed logic. Still the truth is PS3 is more than 20 million units behind and forza is closer, deal with it.
P.s. Me and stages convo was more about why its ok for Forza fans to celebrate forza beating GT in 2012(im not even sure it's true). I said because ps3 fans celebrate ps3 beating Wii in 2012. Both have a long way to go and both aren't going to pull it off. But since its ok for ps3 fans its ok for forza fans.

phenom08 said:
@Bouzane Wow lol, the ratios are pointless because the Wii would have to sell like 200 million. Something which can't be done, because that would be insane. Home console ratios are harder because home consoles sell so much more than individual games. Of course my argument go against me, since software doesn't sell as much as hardware, the actually deficits have more chances to be bigger. So yes what I am saying is just as flawed but hey you butted in with flawed logic. Still the truth is PS3 is more than 20 million units behind and forza is closer, deal with it.
P.s. Me and stages convo was more about why its ok for Forza fans to celebrate forza beating GT in 2012(im not even sure it's true). I said because ps3 fans celebrate ps3 beating Wii in 2012. Both have a long way to go and both aren't going to pull it off. But since its ok for ps3 fans its ok for forza fans.

Again, the gap between two games can not be compared to the gap between two consoles because games sell considerably less than consoles. Ratio's are a far more relevant comparison due to this fact. What's difficult to understand about this? How is my logic as flawed as yours? Additionally, Gran Turismo 5 is outselling Forza 4 (325,599 so far this year). The two are not comperable because the PS3 will essentially end on parity with the Wii while Forza 4 will be lucky to sell half as many units as Gran Turismo 5.

Also, if you don't want people to butt into your conversation than don't post it on a public forum where people participate in open discussions. Finally, what's with this childish "since its ok for ps3 fans its ok for forza fans" and "deal with it" crap?

^I said the comparison between gaps is flawed. Yours is flawed because percentages usually can't be so high between home consoles because they sell so much more. The Wii has a bigger unit gap than gt and yet its ratio is much lower. That's because they have sold so little compared to the home consoles. By the way what I am saying is true, whether you think the comparison is unfair is irrelevant. You only butted in because you may have hurt feelings. The gap between Wii and ps3 is pretty big and no they won't finish close lol, 10 million is not close lol. Is it close when you need an excuse for why your favorite plat underperformed?

I was in Walmart and the only consoles people seemed to have with them was the Xbox 360.