By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Xperia marketshare

kowenicki said:

important facts

Facts? Pfft. I go by guts feeling. Anything my guts approves is right.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
BasilZero said:

No offense to anyone but I have yet to see a Sony phone owned by anyone.

Everyone I know either owns a iphone or a Samsung phone lol.

(Not even Nokia....l0l)

But good news hat Sony is the 3rd I guess o.o., I hope it grows on them.

I have an Xperia Play. 

I thought I was the only one

kowenicki said:

I wasn't saying anything otherwise. I am merely pointing out how in both smartphones (5.2%) and phones in general (2%) Sony is a very small player

As someone else said. Its essentially a duopoly, the rest are fighting for scraps at the moment. If you think Sony will challenge Samsung within a year or so Turkish then you are being very very very optimistic. Also non smartphones are still the biggest part of the market and will be for a few years due to emerging markets. I guess if someone buys your non smartphone then if you have a decent smartphone offering then they may migrate to that?

I didnt realise you were interested in the financial aspects Turkish.  You dont seem to post in the threads where the really important facts are discussed.

Sorry to say that Nokia also losing ground in that market to chinese sets. This is why they have decided not so long ago to focus on smartphones. 

They certainly love 3rd place.

Argh_College said:
Samsung and Apple dominate the Market... Soon Nokia will join them as Top Dog on SmartPhones.

But Good for Sony, their devices are solid.

It's not very likely. Nokia basically spent 2~3 years just looking Samsung, HTC, Sony, Apple and other became bigger them they are. Now they are basically in the same position that Motorola is, and it isn't a good one.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

(Not even Nokia....l0l)

In Ireland, you see loads of people with sony phones. Apple, Samsung and Sony dominate in Ireland

Argh_College said:
man-bear-pig said:
Also, Sony should adopt make Windows 8 smartphones. A Sony Windows 8 smartphone would be damn sexy

i would buy 1.

im getting Lumia 800 their is a promo here i can buy it for 249e, pretty good and cames with Wp7.8 not bad.

It's probably not a good idea to get a Win 7.x phone as they can't be upgraded to Win phone 8. They are incompatible with Win 8.x phones as the architecture was completely re-written. All of the apps for Win 8 are incompatible with the older Win 7.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I'm still undecided between sub-150€ shock-proof Alcatel or shock/dust/water-proof Motorola, but gratz to Sony for some good news in a hard moment, and should it make a sub-150€ Android smartphone with those features, I'd consider it too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BasilZero said:

(Not even Nokia....l0l)

I am nobody to you ?

smbu2000 said:
Argh_College said:
man-bear-pig said:
Also, Sony should adopt make Windows 8 smartphones. A Sony Windows 8 smartphone would be damn sexy

i would buy 1.

im getting Lumia 800 their is a promo here i can buy it for 249e, pretty good and cames with Wp7.8 not bad.

It's probably not a good idea to get a Win 7.x phone as they can't be upgraded to Win phone 8. They are incompatible with Win 8.x phones as the architecture was completely re-written. All of the apps for Win 8 are incompatible with the older Win 7.

Really ?

Damn im not buyinf it then...