By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
If Sony can cause such a meltdown with just 5.2% share, imagine if it reaches 6%!!!

no meltdowns.  just clarification.  Justofored to as you think they climed to 5.2% and are heading for 6%.

they didnt REACH 5.2% marketshare.

they FELL to 5.2% marketshare, the others just fell by more.

a little under 8 months ago Sony was @ 1.9% global Market share in The Mobile space, last time i checked growing in market share to 5.2% is not falling but is an increase in market share. 

You are comparing monile phone market share with smartphone market share. Mobile phone market share is still 2% or less. 

"You are comparing monile phone market share with smartphone market share"

which is exactly the same thing as comparing dedicated game handheld market share to the smartphone market also. you cannot have it both ways, if is not the same than why is it being brought into the argument?

Many companys have dumped making full featured phones and now produce only smartphones, that is exactly what sony did infact do, they no longer make full feature phones and at the time Gartner had them @1.9% market share in the global market, Now taking  just the fact that Sony no longer makes full feature phones anymore they are the 3rd largest smartphone maker with 5.2% it is one thing if you were including full feature phones into the mix, but in Sony Mobiles case their market share has increased not fallen because they no longer make those dumb, and full feature phones.. 

Sorry, but you are making no sense.  They have 2% mobile phone market share.  They have 5.2% smartphone share. The end. 

Sony do not make any other phones but smartphone's!

So saying they have 2% global market share in a part of the market they have no presence in!

How can you account a % of market share in dumb, or full feature phones when Sony Mobile does not make those type of Phones?

for instance the market share % for microsoft in the Gaming market is the xbox platform only right? but yet does Market share of the PC count for xbox market share added to the xbox platform now that xbox is on the pc? Or surface having xbox platform on mobile smartphones also?

of course not, So 5.2% for their market share for Mobile smartPhones is what it is Being in 3rd place in a market that is pretty much split with Sony having the small cut and being in 3rd place where Sony erricsson was before Sony took over the company and increasing its share. before this sales Quarter Sony shipped 7.4 million this time they shipped over 8 million this quarter.

that is an increase not a decline.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

This is just a beginning. I personally can't wait for Xperia Play 2 in couple of years time as I do not think PS Vita 2 will be released.

Powerful phones with gamepad just  1 device :D

Xperia V is probably the best phone they have. Too bad they are taking ages to release it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabceviTlEE

It looks so amazing. Samsung phones in comparision are so ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pxc_G3Tkks

exclusive_console said:

This is just a beginning. I personally can't wait for Xperia Play 2 in couple of years time as I do not think PS Vita 2 will be released.

Powerful phones with gamepad just  1 device :D

Xperia V is probably the best phone they have. Too bad they are taking ages to release it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabceviTlEE

It looks so amazing. Samsung phones in comparision are so ugly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pxc_G3Tkks

I'm sad they got rid of the see-through plastic.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
If Sony can cause such a meltdown with just 5.2% share, imagine if it reaches 6%!!!

ditto

from my experience, and if it works for any other country, Sony is second to Nokia here. Smartphones are freaking expensive, nokia and sony have mid-price-smartphones and those sell well.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

I would of never thought Sony's phones were 3rd behind Apple and Samsung but they really deserve. Sony's phones have been always decent and i don't think that will change. But seriously what happened to Nokia? They used to dominate like Samsung did.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

kowenicki said:
the news media have caught up with me:

Tech radar:

Success by proxy

While Sony can certainly pat itself on the saddling into the No. 3 spot, its rise probably has more to do with the ongoing struggles of the aforementioned trio.

Sony's market share actually fell, year-on-year, from 5 per cent in 2011, to 4.8 per cent in 2012 - it's just that HTC, Nokia and RIM fell further.

Nokia slipped dramatically from a 13.6 per cent hold in 2011 to just 3.4 per cent in 2012. HTC dropped from 10.3 per cent to 4.6 per cent, while RIM dropped from 9.6 per cent to 4.2 per cent.

As expected, Samsung posted a massive leap from 22.7 per cent to 31.3 per cent and is definitely 2012's big winner.

Apple's share also improved form 13.8 to 14.6 per cent of the overall market.

Winning by losing less is still winning... right?

The Sony Phones are reasonably price. I'm getting the P soon. Half the price of iPhone/Galaxy SIII.

joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

no meltdowns.  just clarification.  Justofored to as you think they climed to 5.2% and are heading for 6%.

a little under 8 months ago Sony was @ 1.9% global Market share in The Mobile space, last time i checked growing in market share to 5.2% is not falling but is an increase in market share. 

You are comparing monile phone market share with smartphone market share. Mobile phone market share is still 2% or less. 

which is exactly the same thing as comparing dedicated game handheld market share to the smartphone market also. you cannot have it both ways, if is not the same than why is it being brought into the argument?

Many companys have dumped making full featured phones and now produce only smartphones, that is exactly what sony did infact do, they no longer make full feature phones and at the time Gartner had them @1.9% market share in the global market, Now taking  just the fact that Sony no longer makes full feature phones anymore they are the 3rd largest smartphone maker with 5.2% it is one thing if you were including full feature phones into the mix, but in Sony Mobiles case their market share has increased not fallen because they no longer make those dumb, and full feature phones.. 

So by your logic, if you Sony started putting a mini retaracting dildo in their phones, they would have 100% of the cell phone market.

Also, Sony smartphones are considered very mid-range. They don't sell any must have phone that is a hit with the public. You get a Sony smartphone because you can't afford a "good one". They surely can't be that profitable, remember the playstation smartphone, that was discounted to hell and back and still didn't sell.

Them hopping out of the convential phone market is a failiure not an improvement as you seem so desperately to want to see it.

fillet said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
joeorc said:
kowenicki said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

So by your logic, if you Sony started putting a mini retaracting dildo in their phones, they would have 100% of the cell phone market.

Also, Sony smartphones are considered very mid-range. They don't sell any must have phone that is a hit with the public. You get a Sony smartphone because you can't afford a "good one". They surely can't be that profitable, remember the playstation smartphone, that was discounted to hell and back and still didn't sell.

Them hopping out of the convential phone market is a failiure not an improvement as you seem so desperately to want to see it.

oh please, god you and other's belittling is gruesome to sit HERE and put up with this , while the mod's get you A FREE PASS!

"Also, Sony smartphones are considered very mid-range. They don't sell any must have phone that is a hit with the public. You get a Sony smartphone because you can't afford a "good one"."

thats very rich because they do infact make high end phones, what do you consider a high end phone? I know the A: do you?

And Sony computer entertainment was not the one pushing the Xperia-play ericsson was, it was promoted by ericsson, and no one here really tracked the sales number for such a phone, do you have those? of did you even bother to check what the sales for that smartphone was? or did you just say it did poorly because you think it did, not really knowing how well it really did. you are the one that stated this:

"They surely can't be that profitable, remember the playstation smartphone, that was discounted to hell and back and still didn't sell."

I say prove it with number's if you cannot, than that does not make your statement very true now does it? for one if it was doing so poor, why would or did other carriers order the smartphone over after seeing it bomb so much, why did they order such a unit if there was no demand for such a machine?

I keep hearing it sold very poor, well how many did they sell?

this is pathetic. this site does not add in xbox Market share numbers for the xbox because now the xbox platform is on other parts of Microsoft ip, but yet here you are  and other's bringing in a part of the market that has no bearing  on this smartphone market thread, dumb phones? Sony's production on them was phased out late 2011 putting negative spin once again with the very same people in ever freaking + sony thread, on something Sony really have had no real control when Sony ericsson had the main control over products.

Now that Sony increased its market share in smartphones to #3  you and other's are looking for once again any and every excuse to rain on any sliver of the good news with negative tones to offset any good news about Sony in every freaking thread?

And many say this site is mainly PS3 user's fanboy site? really?

its attitudes of certain people on here that have mainly once again kept people posting in other parts of this forum and its mainly the same d@mn people.

rant/ over

out of this thread 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.