By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA hates Ps3 confirmed. Edited AC3 sales (my bad :)

Heavenly_King said:
Sony needs to make CUSTOM CONSOLES AND BUNDLE THEM WITH UNCHARTED 3 AND GOD OF WAR3.

If they do that sales would be higher.

sony already bundle those games

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Microsoft ramps up the marketing for the holidays, so XBox 360 sells really well in the holidays.
PS3 sells well all the time, marketing or no marketing. That is its real strength.

Also, that $99 Xbox w/ contract might be having an impact.

playstaion 3 gets plenty of marketing

PS3 version of ACIII will catch up and pass the X360 anyway so bad example on that game.

kowenicki said:
ps3-sales! said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

"360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K
Ps3 Assassin's Creed 3 - 105K
Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd."

Might want to edit that.

Though I doubt that will make more people take this thread seriously.

What exactly am I wanting to edit? You should be more specific as I have no clue what you are talking about.

Bolded.  Contradiction?

WHOOPIESSSS. Thanks. Fixed

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ZaneWane said:
Heavenly_King said:
Sony needs to make CUSTOM CONSOLES AND BUNDLE THEM WITH UNCHARTED 3 AND GOD OF WAR3.

If they do that sales would be higher.

sony already bundle those games

CUSTOM CONSOLES.  Consoles with new designs. Like this but in US, but with GOD OF WAR and Uncharted.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
sales2099 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Okay. An easy 360 win and obviously Call of Duty is more popular on the 360. Not really surprising. HOWEVER.

360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K

Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd.
There are plenty more examples but you get the point.

Someone please shed some light on this dire and confusing mess!!!!

Halo 4 outsold all PS3 2012 exclusives combined....now thats awkward :P

At least PS3 had exclusives to pick from.(despite this being a pretty weak year)

Which Xbox 360 exclusives did you buy this year?

360 actually also has more game not available on PS3 then vise versa..........so ya.....

Waiting for Ratchet and Clank to be reviewed and my 2012 list will be complete.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. MS goes all out in November an December now, while Sony doesn't.While Ms seemed to be able to release their big gAmes late in the year, most big Sony games are released in the Spring for some reason.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
sales2099 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Okay. An easy 360 win and obviously Call of Duty is more popular on the 360. Not really surprising. HOWEVER.

360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K

Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd.
There are plenty more examples but you get the point.

Someone please shed some light on this dire and confusing mess!!!!

Halo 4 outsold all PS3 2012 exclusives combined....now thats awkward :P

Pokemon outsold halo 4 :P

Anyways the ps3 and 360 are neck and neck during the year, the 360 only pulls ahead during the holidays

ZaneWane said:
VGKing said:
Microsoft ramps up the marketing for the holidays, so XBox 360 sells really well in the holidays.
PS3 sells well all the time, marketing or no marketing. That is its real strength.

Also, that $99 Xbox w/ contract might be having an impact.

playstaion 3 gets plenty of marketing

Of course it does, but I'm talking the dry months. The pre-holiday months from January to October. PS3 outsells the Xbox 360 worldwide without putting out millions of dollars in marketing. IMO that is a better indicator of brand awareness than holiday sales.

They take care of ther own!