By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA hates Ps3 confirmed. Edited AC3 sales (my bad :)

smbu2000 said:

What's not to like about the 360? It's a great system with great games, multi-plat and exclusives. Many people (including myself) also prefer the 360 controller over the DS3 (definitely a step backwards from the DS2, IMO.)

I'm from the US, although I haven't lived there in a few years and I prefer the 360 over the PS3. I used to have a PS3 as well, but I got rid of it as I was playing everything on my 360. I have a Wii U pre-ordered, but I'll still buy multi-plats on the 360.

How about a paid online service that's inferior to the free services available for the PC, terrible sale prices for XBLA titles, generally inferior multi-platform titles that lack many of the features I come to expect such as free mods? The 360 is a great console... compared to the PS3. I love consoles but when they try to do what the PC does (and fail) instead of doing something different then they lose much of their appeal.

Around the Network

Xbox is a Beast thats why.

Ps3 is also a Beast.

Both Console sell really well.

zumnupy10 said:
PS3 is not associated with games which are appealing for US gamers like X360 is with Halo and Cod.

This is an odd generation. Microsoft,Sony and Nintendo, each has dominated North America,Europe and Japan respectively. Don't think this will change next gen.

What are you talking about ?? 

Wii dominated this Gen everywhere.

Argh_College said:
zumnupy10 said:
PS3 is not associated with games which are appealing for US gamers like X360 is with Halo and Cod.

This is an odd generation. Microsoft,Sony and Nintendo, each has dominated North America,Europe and Japan respectively. Don't think this will change next gen.

In the end their is a big possibility the X360 will have sold the most in USA/UK(Canada).

bouzane said:
smbu2000 said:

What's not to like about the 360? It's a great system with great games, multi-plat and exclusives. Many people (including myself) also prefer the 360 controller over the DS3 (definitely a step backwards from the DS2, IMO.)

I'm from the US, although I haven't lived there in a few years and I prefer the 360 over the PS3. I used to have a PS3 as well, but I got rid of it as I was playing everything on my 360. I have a Wii U pre-ordered, but I'll still buy multi-plats on the 360.

How about a paid online service that's inferior to the free services available for the PC, terrible sale prices for XBLA titles, generally inferior multi-platform titles that lack many of the features I come to expect such as free mods? The 360 is a great console... compared to the PS3. I love consoles but when they try to do what the PC does (and fail) instead of doing something different then they lose much of their appeal.

Well this thread is about consoles since he is talking about the PS3 and the 360. I'm not sure why you're bringing the PC into the mix. I enjoy pc gaming as well on my pc (i7 2600k@4.6ghz, 16gb, SLI GTX 580) and I have plenty of games on Steam/GOG, but I still play more on my 360.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
zumnupy10 said:

Wii is going to be surpassed in North America and in Europe very soon.

X360 will take over Wii place as Nº1  in NA. While PS3 will do the same in Europe.

There are some great points mentioned in this thread, but on top of that, Sony's brand has gotten weaker, & Americans are ones who set trends, not stay on sinking ships.  As I've said on this forum, the rest of the world, as usual, will follow slowly, starting with the UK and soon after the rest of EUR as well.  This is an undeniable trend going on, so my view has nothing to do with "fanboyism" "hating" etc.  The Vita is a fantastic piece of hardware, and its just not selling b/c people don't want anything to do w/Sony's brand.  Consumers want to put their money on safe investments, and Sony is looked at as an out of touch, old fashioned, uncool, 90s brand.  THE ONLY REASON Playstation exploded, was because of Sony's awesome brand power in their electronics products.  Now that Samsung kicked its ass, Sony has been falling ever since.  This is not like the 90s/early 00s where you buy a PS DVD player to go along with your Sony tv.  Now there is some residual effect left over (70 mil) of nostalgic Sony fans, but since their friends have shifted to Microsoft, many of those dedicated PS fans will slowly move to MS as well.  The gap is only going to widen, and Sony will be FAR BACK in 3rd place, if they decide to stay in this console business.

MS - hardcore console, best online experience, new powerhouse/bully corp. infringing on game industry

Nintendo - self explanatory, the OG innovating rock of the industry

PC - high end gaming

Sony PS - No longer big dog on the block, no room left/last place, and shrinking fanbase as consumers lose confidence in dying brand

smbu2000 said:
bouzane said:
smbu2000 said:

Well this thread is about consoles since he is talking about the PS3 and the 360. I'm not sure why you're bringing the PC into the mix. I enjoy pc gaming as well on my pc (i7 2600k@4.6ghz, 16gb, SLI GTX 580) and I have plenty of games on Steam/GOG, but I still play more on my 360.

You asked a question and listed no restrictions on the answer. I play most of my other consoles more than I'll ever play my 360 because the 360 is a wannabe PC. Nice rig btw.

"360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K
Ps3 Assassin's Creed 3 - 105K
Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd."

Might want to edit that.

Though I doubt that will make more people take this thread seriously.

BenVTrigger said:
Its because of Xbox Live. 100%

Earlier this gen Xbox Live had a huge advantage over PSN. Thus franchises like COD, Halo, and Gears of War attracted a big online community. As people started deciding which console to upgrade to it became apparent that most of their friends were gaming online on the 360. This created a snowball effect where people kept buying 360s because thats where everyone else was.

Now days in NA if you want to game online with your friends its most likely they are all on Xbox so thats what you buy to play with them

Nail on the head, pretty much.  Having online-centric games plus releasing a year ahead of the PS3 helped the 360 reach a point of critical mass a lot faster.  The 360 sells more 360s because more 360s have already been sold, as strange as that may sound.  I can't tell you how many people I've heard say, "I'm thinking about getting an Xbox to play CoD with my friends/co-workers."  These are people who aren't really that interested in gaming but rather in playing games with friends.  The reason they were exposed to gaming in the first place was likely because of someone they knew playing on a 360, due to the much larger installed base in NA.

I recently had a female family member buy a 360.  When I asked her why she got a 360 when she could have borrowed all my PS3 games, she it was because her friends in college were on Live.  She wasn't a gamer at all, and actually returned the 360 because she realized she'd rather mess with her iPhone (seriously, that's what she said) but it's obvious she wanted a 360 because of the size of the existing network.

However, I'm pretty sure that North America doesn't "hate" the PS3.  That "what kids want for xmas" list they published for 2012 has the PS3 higher on the list than the 360, though it's a virtual tie.  Still, that's pretty good.