By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA hates Ps3 confirmed. Edited AC3 sales (my bad :)

bouzane said:
smbu2000 said:

Well this thread is about consoles since he is talking about the PS3 and the 360. I'm not sure why you're bringing the PC into the mix. I enjoy pc gaming as well on my pc (i7 2600k@4.6ghz, 16gb, SLI GTX 580) and I have plenty of games on Steam/GOG, but I still play more on my 360.

You asked a question and listed no restrictions on the answer. I play most of my other consoles more than I'll ever play my 360 because the 360 is a wannabe PC. Nice rig btw.

Thanks. It was supposed to be rhetorical. ;-p Going by the confines of the thread it was strictly 360/ps3. I don't consider the 360 a wannabe pc at all. The majority of my games I can't play on the PC/would rather play on the 360. As for other consoles, my Wii has a wide selection of (Nintendo) games not available anywhere else, which is why it's also good to have. I buy all my multi-plats on the 360 and I didn't care for the PS3 exclusives, so I got rid of my PS3.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Microsft has always had North America by the balls, they marketed the sh*t out of there big games (Halo, Gears, Fable).

The PS3 is actually selling about the same as it always sells around the world. North America and Europe sales are nearly identical for all PS products. So Microsoft clearly markets North America way more then Europe, Sony just keeps it the same everywhere.

... Or they just prefer the 360.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

"360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K
Ps3 Assassin's Creed 3 - 105K
Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd."

Might want to edit that.

Though I doubt that will make more people take this thread seriously.

What exactly am I wanting to edit? You should be more specific as I have no clue what you are talking about.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

Okay. An easy 360 win and obviously Call of Duty is more popular on the 360. Not really surprising. HOWEVER.

360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K

Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd.
There are plenty more examples but you get the point.

Someone please shed some light on this dire and confusing mess!!!!

Halo 4 outsold all PS3 2012 exclusives combined....now thats awkward :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

to answer you, your question about why did not managed the 360 version of AC3 to outsell the PS3 version of AC3 last week, its because AC3 is bundled with the new super slim PS3 with 500gb in the US almost everywhere so expect to see even in the US the PS3 version of AC3 to overtake the 360 version during the holiday season especially tomorrow (black friday) where most people get a new console in the US and if someone wants the new 500gb PS3, this bundle will be a major choice.

Sony needs to make CUSTOM CONSOLES AND BUNDLE THEM WITH UNCHARTED 3 AND GOD OF WAR3.

If they do that sales would be higher.

Most Americans are stupid(I can admit it). What do you expect? Most of us don't even know what real value is.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Microsoft ramps up the marketing for the holidays, so XBox 360 sells really well in the holidays.
PS3 sells well all the time, marketing or no marketing. That is its real strength.

Also, that $99 Xbox w/ contract might be having an impact.

sales2099 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Okay. An easy 360 win and obviously Call of Duty is more popular on the 360. Not really surprising. HOWEVER.

360 Assassin's Creed 3 - 126K

Um. Another popular franchise recently released, yet somehow the 360 (with double install base) can't manage to outsell the Ps3 version? Awkwarddd.
There are plenty more examples but you get the point.

Someone please shed some light on this dire and confusing mess!!!!

Halo 4 outsold all PS3 2012 exclusives combined....now thats awkward :P

At least PS3 had exclusives to pick from.(despite this being a pretty weak year)

Which Xbox 360 exclusives did you buy this year?