Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is NOT weaker than PS360 *Evidence*

Convinced yet?

Yes 94 50.81%

No 89 48.11%

Total:183
kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:

the wii started out great.  wii sports was mind blowingly new and refreshing.  mario kart is another i hold in great regard.  but then nintendo kind of stopped focusing on what make the wii so great to me ... motion.  SSBB was good but nothing really innovative.  a broken online (which is now important to me now that i have left college and my friends don't live in the same house as me) didn't help.  games like NSMB wii/donkey kong/monster hunter/the last story/xenogears aren't bad but they aren't what i wanted a wii for.  take out the motion and i'm left with a dated game.   then things like metroid other M were just flat out bad. 

i wanted more in the line of zelda SS.  non mini-games that actually use the main selling point of the wii.  ..but by the time zelda released i turned very anti nintendo.  never played SS even.  the whole "imagine the possibilities" line in particular pisses me off.. i don't feel the eluded to possibilities were ever fully explored on the wii.  i spend an aweful lot on wii hardware (wii, 2x wiimotes nunchucks and motion pluses, classic controller, balance board) for how many games were actually fun imo.

I would highly recommend you play Skyward Sword. It really is the experience that Nintendo promised in 2006 when it released the Wii. It has the best controls of any Wii game. Heck, it has the best motion controls of any game, ever.

It might inspire you to love Wii again :)

Around the Network

I belive that the wiiu is not weaker then the 360 and ps3

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

amp316 said:
Kenology said:

I think the first ports are going to be hit or miss in terms of gauging Wii U horsepower compared to the PS360. The combination of having these games rushed out the door for Wii launch AND having little time/effort/resources to optimize them specifically for Wii U other than tacked on Gamepad functionality (for some) leave a lot to be desired. Over time, I expect this to get much better.  Even if the rumors of a slower RAM and CPU are true, devs will find a way around it and the extra RAM has to account for something.  The PS360 both had initial technical issues as well.  Plus, like I've been saying, what happens when PS4 and Durango aren't as powerful as people are thinking?  Will be interesting to see!

By the time MoHun:U comes out, no one will care about this debate anymore and only the Sony fans will left to do their complaining/trolling while everyone is playing games.

Please don't single out a group and say that they are going to troll before it even happens.  I am going to let you off with a warning this time since it has been nearly a year since you have had any blemishes on your record.

It was only a prediction...

Gonna read through the rest of the thread to see if I was right about it.  But anyways, warning heeded.

I never doubted you. But:

1. I already have a PS3.
2. I can't play Brawl on Wii U (with GC controllers)
3. I have a Wii to play Brawl on.
4. I can play SSB4 on 3DS (even if it is crappier than on Wii U)
5. The last thing I need is another console.
6. These are all dumb excuses, but:
It does not change that I will not get a Wii U.

It's not personal, it's just that my backlog of games as well as overall lack of interest in the Wii U that prevents me from making a potentially mutually beneficial trade with the global company known as Nintendo.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

allenmaher said:
I have played PS360s both good consoles, not knocking them. I have a young daughter so we have been a Nintendo house as a result. I have had the WiiU for a little over a day now. Anyone who claims this is not as good/less powerful than the PS360 is mistaken. This console floored me with it's capabilities. I still have to pick up BLOPS2 and AC3 for it (some time today or tomorrow), but what I have played has been stunning. Best non PC based gaming experience I have ever had, at a fraction of the cost of a gaming PC.

There are a few bits of video software still to come, and they could improve a few things with a few software patches, but hey this is only a few days after release.

Sounds really good! It seems to me like Wii U will be the best console ever thanks to that Pad of theirs!! Could be a great place for MMORPG's in the future!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
DanneSandin said:
kitler53 said:

lulz, i'm actually pretty out of my element when it comes to talking actual specs unfortuntly.  i guess i want a ps2 to ps3 leap.  but the one stat i can talk to ... 4-6 Gb Ram.  the wiiU has 2 Gb (but only 1 for games and the other for OS).  so like 4x better than wiiU.  I just want to be impressed again ... this gen has dragged on way too long.

Yeah, I don't understand specs myself; I simply go by what others say and use that to paint my own picture, so to speak. But there are things out side specs that also will play a major role; like Sony's finances. And that's what I base my opinion for next gen on. But for sure; PC>>>>x3ox>>>PS4>>WiiU - so I think that all 3 consoles will be getting the same games and good ports.

the exact point to which i hang all of my doubts about next gen.   i'm playing a wait and see for now.  i'll have a good picture of next gen within a few month of the new year once MSony make their announcements.   who knows, maybe next gen i'll be a MS fanboy. 

Yeah, I think you're better off with the nextbox this gen (the 8th that is). I think they're poised to be the most successful console maker this time around; but I also think they'll have to bring something great to the table to compete with Wii U .p

Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kitler53 said:

the wii started out great.  wii sports was mind blowingly new and refreshing.  mario kart is another i hold in great regard.  but then nintendo kind of stopped focusing on what make the wii so great to me ... motion.  SSBB was good but nothing really innovative.  a broken online (which is now important to me now that i have left college and my friends don't live in the same house as me) didn't help.  games like NSMB wii/donkey kong/monster hunter/the last story/xenogears aren't bad but they aren't what i wanted a wii for.  take out the motion and i'm left with a dated game.   then things like metroid other M were just flat out bad. 

i wanted more in the line of zelda SS.  non mini-games that actually use the main selling point of the wii.  ..but by the time zelda released i turned very anti nintendo.  never played SS even.  the whole "imagine the possibilities" line in particular pisses me off.. i don't feel the eluded to possibilities were ever fully explored on the wii.  i spend an aweful lot on wii hardware (wii, 2x wiimotes nunchucks and motion pluses, classic controller, balance board) for how many games were actually fun imo.

I would highly recommend you play Skyward Sword. It really is the experience that Nintendo promised in 2006 when it released the Wii. It has the best controls of any Wii game. Heck, it has the best motion controls of any game, ever.

It might inspire you to love Wii again :)

I second this message!!

Direct graphics comparisons are not a proper indicator of hardware prowess. The PS3 is considerably stronger* than the 360 and yet many games look better on the 360. Besides that, your..."evidence" is still lacking as you fail to properly associate which technical aspects (textures, shading, lighting, FOV, etc) the Wii U has over its competitors. It's especially strange that you didn't take into account the substantial amount of time developers gained to make the Wii U version look better.

Putting all that asides, the Wii U is very close to PS3/360 and arguing about such a trivial amount of graphical difference is pointless. What's most important is how console exclusives will look. When the Wii U brings out a game that matches the visual fidelity of The Last of Us or Halo 4, that's when things will get really interesting.

*When I say stronger I'm referring to the eight core CPU the PS3 has over the triple core CPU the 360 has. I should note however that the 360 has a better GPU. Overall the PS3 is still stronger, but harder to code for since traditional game design places more emphasis on GPUs. This is why many PS3 exclusives (Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, God of War, etc.) look better and run smoother than most 360 exclusives and most multiplatforms (especially games on PC with DirectX) look better on 360.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

I thought Nintendo fans don't care about graphics?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Yeah sure, it's not weaker. Sad thing is that some Nintendo fans even brag about this. Dude, it's a next gen console, it should be MUCH more powerful than PS360, not just as good or slightly better...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey