By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Console should i get next?

ds - i know its not on the list, but its better than wii + 360

Around the Network

go for a wii,however if patience(good luck finding a wii) isnt your thing...go for a 360

Hrm...

Tough choice.

In the end though if you really arn't interested in the 360 exlcusives your going to basically be payign 350 dollars, then a monthly fee just for the ability to play your friends online in games.

Less of a problem if it wasn't developers cutting out local multiplayer, or local online multiplayer. (the one advantage of COD3 over 4.)

Seems like a steep investment just for that.

I own both a Wii and 360, but for me, I have a blast with my 360 because of the games, downloadable content and an HD add-on.

The Wii has a lot of shovelware, but it's fun and I'd get one just to play old GC games.

In the end, it's your choice and whether or not you like the software for the consoles.

if you already played halo 3, you really dont need a 360 anymore. seriously.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Definitely a Wii if you already have a PS3. The 360 and PS3 will get similar kinds of games throughout their lives and the Wii will always offer you something different. There are so many games on it that you can't get anywhere else and if you like SMG and are looking forward to Brawl it looks like a no brainer to me.

Get a Wii. Since you have a PS3, it isn't really necessary to get a 360, since it has many of the same games. A Wii gives you many great exclusives, such as Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Mario Kart. I have yet to be bored with the Wii, and I doubt it will bore you, either.

Why did you post this on the Nintendo Forum?

Anyways my best answer is neither console.  Don't waste your money.

Let me explain. From what you've told me about the titles you own for the PS3 you most likely will prefer the XBOX library collection over the Wii's. However the overlap between Sony and Microsoft's libraries means you're not going to get too much additional value, that and you already own the superior of the two. No point in getting that console. As for the Wii, it doesn't sound like you'd enjoy the titles it has to offer with the exception of two. Two titles is not a reason to pickup a console. Everyone has their tastes, and I suspect yours has been met.

Wii

Wii obviously. You will be able to get about 95% of the x360 games on either the PC or Ps3.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"