By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You Can Download Wii U Firmware Update In The Background

Lol ohhh it makes sense now. When i first got the wiiu and connected to wifi it asked about the update I then played mario for awhile and went back and started it and it was already halfway done.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
mootap said:

Home Menu...The annyoing thing is it doesn't install itself automatically once it's finished downloading.You have to do it manually.

oh... yeah it should install auto I'd think. Or at least prompt you for it.

That sounds disappointing. It's not next gen when it is inferior to the Wii.

You're a funny little boy.

Stop hating and start playing.

That's good to know for future updates. I'm really liking my Wii U but I'm really annoyed with how slow it is. The menus are painfully slow to load and it took me about 6 or so minutes to download and install the Super Mario Bros U patch.

Doesn't sound like a lot but when I can't even think of a 360 game that takes more than a minute that says something.

twesterm said:
That's good to know for future updates. I'm really liking my Wii U but I'm really annoyed with how slow it is. The menus are painfully slow to load and it took me about 6 or so minutes to download and install the Super Mario Bros U patch.

Doesn't sound like a lot but when I can't even think of a 360 game that takes more than a minute that says something.

Downloads and installs are taking a long time for me, as well. It's hard to believe servers are still this packed, and it's even harder to believe that their server traffic is somehow affecting the... installation.. process.. but okay.

As far as the menu loading issue, I've seen you posting a lot about this the last 2 days. I originally had this same problem, but since yesterday, all menus load for me within 6 seconds - noticeably faster than before. Not sure what's going on there.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

ahhh, I was hoping to see you in miiverse.

I can see myself giving Miiverse the Briefkasten treatment. Gosh, did that thing annoy me. I am glad I stopped using it.

You'll give it the mailbox treatment?

Tease.

Around the Network
wfz said:
twesterm said:

Downloads and installs are taking a long time for me, as well. It's hard to believe servers are still this packed, and it's even harder to believe that their server traffic is somehow affecting the... installation.. process.. but okay.

As far as the menu loading issue, I've seen you posting a lot about this the last 2 days. I originally had this same problem, but since yesterday, all menus load for me within 6 seconds - noticeably faster than before. Not sure what's going on there.

See, this is how it was for me.  It was slow at first, but now everything loads much much faster.