By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You Can Download Wii U Firmware Update In The Background

A number of Nintendo communities are reporting that you can download the ridiculously slow Wii U update in the background. When the console asks you if you want to update the firmware, don’t do it. Instead, just click cancel. The update will then download in the background. if you’re prompted again, it should be saved in your system.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/20/sounds-like-you-can-download-wii-u-firmware-update-in-the-background/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Well, too late for that now and really, who would hit cancel? However, all the other updates have a specific button that is more obvious it will download in background.

When you purchase a game from the eShop, it atuomatically downloads in the background.

Problem is, it's AUTOMATIC, and it's difficult to figure out how to find your background downloads. :P

wfz said:
When you purchase a game from the eShop, it atuomatically downloads in the background.

Problem is, it's AUTOMATIC, and it's difficult to figure out how to find your background downloads. :P

Download Manager... isn't that right on the WiiU menu or Home menu?

superchunk said:
wfz said:

Home Menu...The annyoing thing is it doesn't install itself automatically once it's finished downloading.You have to do it manually.

Around the Network
mootap said:
superchunk said:
wfz said:

Home Menu...The annyoing thing is it doesn't install itself automatically once it's finished downloading.You have to do it manually.

oh... yeah it should install auto I'd think. Or at least prompt you for it.

I know this sounds cool, but has anyone actually done it to check by any chance?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:

That sounds disappointing. It's not next gen when it is inferior to the Wii.

Your just jealous because you have to wait another 10 days.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said

Your just jealous because you have to wait another 10 days.

If I would buy a Wii U at launch, that is. But I won't.

ahhh, I was hoping to see you in miiverse.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

ahhh, I was hoping to see you in miiverse.

I can see myself giving Miiverse the Briefkasten treatment. Gosh, did that thing annoy me. I am glad I stopped using it.

I am pretty sure everyone hat verstanden what you da gesagt hast    lol 

P.S.  Thank god  I read that you can download it in the background so I can do something with my new console when it comes out  Nov. 30th