By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

RolStoppable said:
JTurner82 said:
I haven't seen ANY major third parties jumping ship at all. Something is very off about this remark.

Indeed. In order to jump ship, you need to be on board in the first place.

Yeah, just because this guy has expressed no interest in WiiU doesn't mean that WiiU's support is going to stop automatically.  Nor does it mean that third parties are already ditching the system.

My guess is that even if PS4 and 720 hit, the differences will not be so drastic that WiiU will not get multiplats from them.  I'm not counting this system out yet.  Especially since we're three days in.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

So we have this dev who is barely able to develop on PS3, working for a failing publisher, trying to scapegoat a new console to take light off their incompetence.

Next!

Dude, you would not have played this even if it was on the Wii U. It has a big following amongst survival horror and fans of unique shooters and the original is a unique classic. They are a small developer so I do not see why this snubs the Wii U. It is going to be a great sleeper hit for the systems the company has the resources to develop it for. I am so excited.

This snubs the Wii U because... they insulted the Wii U? I didn't insult the game, just them, for being insulting.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I remember him saying totally different a while ago: "Мы еще даже не начали работать над Wii U версией, но я точно уверен что она будет выглядеть лучше чем PS3/X360 версий, так как над ней мы будем работать отдельно." (We haven't even started working on Wii U version, but I almost sure it'll look better than PS3 or X360 version, since we're going to work on it separately).

So was he dissappointed in hardware that badly?

mai said:

I remember him saying totally different a while ago: "Мы еще даже не начали работать над Wii U версией, но я точно уверен что она будет выглядеть лучше чем PS3/X360 версий, так как над ней мы будем работать отдельно." (We haven't even start working on Wii U version, but I almost sure it'll look better than PS3 or X360 version, since we're going to work on it separately).

So was he dissappointed in hardware that badly?

It is possible.

Tease.

Ok, here is the thread I meant for this to be in.

Kind of funny to see the shift in some Nintendo fans. From some saying the Wii U will be quite a bit more powerful than the PS3 and pump out visuals closer to the PS4 than the Wii did to the PS3, to now saying its just the games that count. And they are right, games are very important. But, how many 3rd party games are you going to be getting once the PS4/NeXbox launch and developers are spending even more money on developing for them, so much so that they probably will be thinking real hard when they decide to allocate funds to create an entire new game for the Wii U. Now they may for the first year or so, since the PS3 and 360 will still be selling, but once that's over...? And the tablet controller doesn't seem like its going to be taking the world by storm like the original Wii controller did.

Having said that, I don't think the Wii U will do horrible saleswise by any means. However, I don't see it dominating next gen like the Wii did this gen.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

So we have this dev who is barely able to develop on PS3, working for a failing publisher, trying to scapegoat a new console to take light off their incompetence.

Next!

Dude, you would not have played this even if it was on the Wii U. It has a big following amongst survival horror and fans of unique shooters and the original is a unique classic. They are a small developer so I do not see why this snubs the Wii U. It is going to be a great sleeper hit for the systems the company has the resources to develop it for. I am so excited.

This snubs the Wii U because... they insulted the Wii U? I didn't insult the game, just them, for being insulting.

As far as I know, they made profit off of Metro 2033. They are hardly incompetant they just are a rare small publisher in Europe making a unique game. What he said about the Wii U may be true; I have not payed attention. Either way they have to use resources smartly and if that means not publishing it on the platform with the smallest base it easily could be a move to keep themselves from failing.

chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

Next!

As far as I know, they made profit off of Metro 2033. They are hardly incompetant they just are a rare small publisher in Europe making a unique game. What he said about the Wii U may be true; I have not payed attention. Either way they have to use resources smartly and if that means not publishing it on the platform with the smallest base it easily could be a move to keep themselves from failing.

You're not understanding what i'm trying to say. I really don't care about this game one way or another. I'm trashing a developer who has trashed the Wii U.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:
chocoloco said:
Mr Khan said:

Next!

You're not understanding what i'm trying to say. I really don't care about this game one way or another. I'm trashing a developer who has trashed the Wii U.

If it is true it is not trashing it is stating fact.

In 2013-2014 when PS4, next Xbox launch, I'll go out and spend $2,000 on GTX790 SLI, pair it with my $1,000 6-core Intel CPU and laugh at all the outdated "next-generation consoles" with their puny cheap components and inferior graphics. Then I'll go out and buy next generation Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption, Halo, Forza, Zelda, God of War games and enjoy them in full glory on my $25,000 4K Sony HDTV .........oh wait, I can't because PC doesn't have those games, no matter how much $ I spend. 

Moral of the story: I buy consoles for the games, not specs. I can't play Zelda or Mario or Uncharted games even if I spend $2K on top-of-the-line PC (unless I pirate the games and use emulators). Without great games, even the most powerful console will seem unattractive - PS Vita anyone? The Dreamcast was a lot more powerful graphically and hardware wise at release compared to anything on the market and it flopped. Lets not forget that N64 was more powerful than PS1 and yet it was a far less popular console despite superior graphics, performance. With great/unique exclusive games, even average graphics are forgivable because the gameplay draws you into the game/story, etc.  

The truth is, those gamers who aren't interested in 1st party Nintendo games are better off skipping the Wii U because cross-platform games will look better and run faster on PS4/Next Xbox or PC for that matter. As a PC gamer who will buy a next generation console(s), I can say right now that I will play a total of 0 cross-platform next generation games on a next gen console because every single multi-platform game will look and run way better on the PC. For me consoles are all about their exclusives and this is where Nintendo delivers enough to make it worth picking up later in its life.

Think about it this way - if PS3 or 360 didn't have exclusives, what would be the point of both of those consoles? Not much point. Ask anyone today if they care if SNES or Genesis was more powerful. They would tell you that it didn't really matter, but could list many games they loved on those consoles. 

I get the feeling the people who are going to be skipping the Wii U wouldn't have bought it even if it was 10x more powerful than PS3/360 because they just aren't interested in Nintendo's games. And honestly Metro Last Light, by virtue of being an relatively unknown franchise for console gamers and by focusing entirely on a single-player experience (unlike Halo 4 or COD games), is best played with on the PC with a mouse and a keyboard to begin with. It probably would have flopped in sales on the Wii U in the first place given that it sold a miniscule 450K units on the Xbox 360 by today. 

if the Wii U can run BLOPS 2 better than the 360 or the PS3, which apparently it does, then i don't think that developer has a point or any legs to stand on and make those claims.

Nintendo has said that the Wii U will outperform current gen console, and I believe them, because they have lied in the past about any console specs.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.