By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - WONDERBOOK: BOOK OF SPELLS REVIEW 4/5

Audio/Visual – 5/5: The sound of spells and interactive characters and moments bring the book to life, while the glorious paper aesthetic roots the mystical book in the real world.

Gameplay – 3/5: Simple and occasionally repetitive, but for a child it’ll keep the experience pure, clear and incredibly enjoyable.

Innovation – 5/5: It’s something completely new that uses a combination of great technology to bring something different to homes. And it does all of this while being pleasantly simple to use and set up.

Value – 4/5: For what you get it’s rather cheap, especially if you already have PS Move – if not you’ve just gained a PS Move to use with other titles. Lots to do and plenty for kids to go back and enjoy again and again.

Final Score: 4/5

Link

Surpringly a good score...

71 on Metacritic

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Audio/Visual – 5/5: The sound of spells and interactive characters and moments bring the book to life, while the glorious paper aesthetic roots the mystical book in the real world.

Gameplay – 3/5: Simple and occasionally repetitive, but for a child it’ll keep the experience pure, clear and incredibly enjoyable.

Innovation – 5/5: It’s something completely new that uses a combination of great technology to bring something different to homes. And it does all of this while being pleasantly simple to use and set up.

Value – 4/5: For what you get it’s rather cheap, especially if you already have PS Move – if not you’ve just gained a PS Move to use with other titles. Lots to do and plenty for kids to go back and enjoy again and again.

Final Score: 4/5

Link

Surpringly a good score...

Decent scores all around, but like that guy from twitter who got fired by sony mentioned, the advertising for these games are pretty much non existant which is ashamed

I didn't expect that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

BasilZero said:

So wait I dont understand still.

Is Wonderbook like a extension system or is it THE game?

Its gonna be a placeholder for future games right....or is it just one game...?

But the scoring is surprising though I do admit that.

Wonderbook is a normal book with ar markers in it and book of spells is the game

there's more games comming for wonderbook like diggs nightcrawler.

Sony advertising at their finest :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

lol Wonderbook.

PS: I didn't even know this was releasing.

I didn't know Wonderbook was releasing this year let alone soon

Good scores so far though.

i saw a report on tv about it when “frankfurter buchmesse“ was running. sony was there to present it and i'm sure they do the same around the world at similiar events so it's not as if they do nothing but sure, they could still advertise it with tv ads

kowenicki said:
A 70 or thereabouts metacritic is about the best a children's game with repetitive gameplay can achieve. So that's pretty good.

This. There isn't a very high ceiling for this type of game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I saw two TV ads in the UK, but guess during what programme? X-factor? No. Strictly? No. How about during Fresh Prince of Bel-air? Yeh that will do it Sony!

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.