By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U graphics comparison

spurgeonryan said:
Well then at least some things are going right that we thought would be wrong.

Isn't it funny how Call of Duty is probably the best port for the Wii-U right now?  Color me surprised.

Around the Network
Jinova said:
Well that was disappointing. I was hoping the Wii U would have a significant graphical leap over the current gen.
Maybe once developers spend more time with the system.

What you have to realize is that this game probably had 6-8 months at some side studio to be ported on several incrementally improved versions of the hardware, so yeah, not being built from the ground up, the game is going to not be what it could be.  With increased sales, and a larger console market, maybe they will dedicate the main team to building the game for all 3 consoles next cycle.  

I saved a screen shot from that video and highlighted several areas of the screen.  It's a bmp image file so it's big but retains all detail completely.

Click the link below to view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34y0v0hewdypfa3/Comparison.bmp

From this, I see a different resolution, higher resolution textures, richer color palette, better lighting...even a car fire that's completely missing from the PS3/X360 version.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Plezbo said:
Jinova said:
Well that was disappointing. I was hoping the Wii U would have a significant graphical leap over the current gen.
Maybe once developers spend more time with the system.

What you have to realize is that this game probably had 6-8 months at some side studio to be ported on several incrementally improved versions of the hardware, so yeah, not being built from the ground up, the game is going to not be what it could be.  With increased sales, and a larger console market, maybe they will dedicate the main team to building the game for all 3 consoles next cycle.  

Thats a valid point Plezbo and I do agree with you. I guess I was a expecting a true "next gen" feeling when I saw the games running and I was disappointed. My expections too high? maybe. I now have a wait and see attitude toward the Wii U before I decide to purchase one. At this point though, Im glad I didnt preorder.  I got burned on the Wii.

Tifa got MOVES!

I really liked the Wii, but it was because I was living in a house with 5 other guys my own age in college at the time. It was the party game system, and thats what we used it for. But I can understand the people that were underwhelmed.

I am getting Wii U because I love Nintendo games, but nothing at launch seems to be a MUST BUY for the average consumer. Were I you I would wait to see what E3 holds, by then teams will have over a year to work with the hardware and hopefully have it down pat by then.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

I saved a screen shot from that video and highlighted several areas of the screen.  It's a bmp image file so it's big but retains all detail completely.

Click the link below to view.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/34y0v0hewdypfa3/Comparison.bmp

From this, I see a different resolution, higher resolution textures, richer color palette, better lighting...even a car fire that's completely missing from the PS3/X360 version.

This is what I felt as well. Everything just looked that little bit crisper in comparison to the other version.

Having all 4 side-by-side as Pezus suggested would be good though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I am glad to see the Wii U ports being superior to last gen PS360 versions. I was honestly surprised I saw such a big difference.

A video from a site called Ninten2.com.

Sure it isn't biased, using only the PS3 version with the wrong patch that made everything blurrier.

CGI-Quality said:

I did what I could:

The 360/PC/WiiU versions look on par with one another, with the PS3 version looking washed out.

Very useful thanks!

I see where you're coming from with that comment. The PS3 version definitely looks the worst, but after that there's little in it. I would say the 360 version ever so slightly looks worse than the WiiU and PC versions, if only because those versions have a little bit more going on in them. 

But it's clear they all use the same engine, so they'll all look very similar anyway.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Porcupine_I said:
zarx said:
d21lewis said:
I thought somebody said that the Wii U had a higher resolution and more frames per second. Either way, I couldn't see anything different when viewing the video and the idea of using the pointer controls and playing on the pad while somebody else uses the TV are still big deals for me. I'll have the Wii U version in less than 12 hours and I regret nothing.

I kinda wish lilbroex was still around for this, his spin would have been amazing

we all miss him

No I take  joy because he is gone.

@ Pezus I actually thought the shadows and colors looked better on the PS3 version. Still always buy it on 360, but.