By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U graphics comparison

I have the Wii version and it looks just as good as the 360 version my roommate has. I don't know what folks are looking at.

And this thread is hilarious. Nintendo fans, don't act like this when PS4 comes out, you guys need to take the high road!

Around the Network

i didn't think nintendo were involved in the graffix war but this is a port isn't it need to wait for biult from the ground up,there will hopefully be some beautiful RPG's with co-op on the WiiU that's when i'll jump in

Above & Beyond

ethomaz said:
S.Peelman said:
?

Why are some of you saying there's no difference? Is it my eyes? Judging from the video in the OP and ignoring wether or not this is a good comparison, the WiiU version is clearly superior. Shows improved texture quality and is way sharper.

The Wii U have a little better resolution but in contrast have worst framerate, less details on screen, fixed shadows and less or no AA at all.

In a techinical view the Wii U port is the worst.

Then it is my eyes, as I am unable to notice those things .

Other than the improved textures, to me it isn't any different. But I'll take your word for it.

pezus said:
Where were the bad shadows here? The shadows looked damn near identical.

The shadows are fixed and not dinamic in Wii U version... the AA is missing in Wii U version too... the framerate is near 30fps and not 60fps like PS360 version.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
pezus said:
Where were the bad shadows here? The shadows looked damn near identical.

The shadows are fixed and not dinamic in Wii U version.

Based on what? I watched that video again and again and the shadows looked and moved in an identical way.

lol I forget to say that is more common multiplayer and when you look from a far away view... at close range they are identical.

Around the Network

pezus said:

Oh okay. I have not seen any analysis on it except from that video. Waiting for Digital Foundry or some forum goer to count the pixels and measure the framerate I guess

Here another video... not comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940MDKfGhUE&feature=g-high-u

1) Well, I can only tell you what I saw in that video but the only difference I noticed was that there were birds in the Wii U version and the Wii U version looked less muddy. I am definitely honest here because at first I thought I was looking at the PS3/360 version there, looked at the other one and thought... "great, the one down there looks way better. Another lazy port" Was the other one from PS3? I thought PS3 games always looked bad when recorded for some reason?

2) ethomaz: What about the framerate? Is it really "closer to 30fps" or is it just 30fps in some cut-scenes or something? You just made a huge fuzz about some shadows people won't even notice while playing multiplayer. And where are you getting your information from? Did you actually play the game? From what I've read here some people say the Wii U version looks better while others say it looks worse so basically we don't know jack...

I'm a PS3 owner and I absolutely hate it when people compare the PS3/360 versions of a game because they act like the 360 version is so much better every time and most times I play a game on both consoles I can't tell any difference.

3) If this game is on par with the other versions it should be fine. Developers are just porting these launch games why do people expect them to look better? They won't put any effort into it there are no great sales to be expected at launch. Anyone remember Call of Duty 3? The Wii version almost looked as good as the HD versions (just in SD)... So I guess PS3/360 are roughly 2x as powerful as the Wii because CoD 3 proves it... Also, you shouldn't buy a Wii U for the graphics... stop acting like you actually expected the Wii U to be a beast or a high end machine. That's not what you buy Nintendo consoles for. Just... stop pretending. It's stupid.

sundin13 said:
also, pointer controls...that alone makes the wii u version vastly superior ;D

Dont forget the bigger competitive userbase and more attention and support from the devs

Boutros said:
Chandler said:
Boutros said:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44494714&postcount=158

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44494576&postcount=157

I really don't think people should buy Wii U ports right now (that is if they have a PS3 or a 360). It seems devs haven't gotten the hang of it yet.

I fail to see how the other console versions are in any way a better investment than the Wii U version. They all look like ass, it just depends what kind of ass you prefer.

It's also the framerate that seems to be an issue. That can be pretty annoying in a game like Call of Duty.

But honestly I've been playing the PS3 version and I just did the mission where that picture comes from and it really didn't look that blurry or I didn't realize it at all. It kind of shows how unimportant it is in the end.

i just finised that mission its at the end where the guy picks up up in chopper, no way was it blurry like that the ps3 version looks pretty crisp to me best COD since mw1

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I don't think this video is legit. The PS3 and 360 versions look different. The 360 looks better. So, this can't be a video of both. And, what is the big deal? The Wii U should look much better, not the same. This console doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure some will love it, but if you own one of the HD consoles, why would you buy this?