By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiu RAM 43% slower than PS360 RAM

VGKing said:
Faxanadu said:
Oh my, people really need to get a life.

So many gamers feel thretened by the new Nintendo console that they need to talk about such unimportant things as technical specs?

Try talking about games for a change.

Technical Specs are extremely important if you are even the slightest bit interested in technology.
Technical specs are the difference between getting 3rd party support or not.

That is a lot of crap. PS1 and PS2 got support and they weren't even the most technical in it's generation.

The fact is a lot of 3rd party developers have no interest in Nintendo period.

It doesn't matter if Nintnedo matches their competition or not, they will find an excuse not to develope for the console.

At the end of the day we all know Nintendo consoles are primaraly used for Nintendo games.

Only way Nintendo consoles will get more better IPs for ADULTS is if NIntendo invest in their own projects and/or acquire new studios.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
oni-link said:
Wow...just...wow...I knew this site was full of anti-Nintendo fanatics like Turkish, VGking etc...but I didn't know it was this rampant!!! I'll wait for a full analysis of the system before jumping the gun. I take it that the term "no one is saying Wii U is not more powerful than PS360...the question is how much" that these people hide behind is thrown out the window b/c of some presumed RAM speed (what the heck). Never mind that the Wii U has better latency, more eDRAM, double the amount of RAM or a better GPU or even CPU. Well I am totally happy with my Wii U, which seem to outperform both PS360 on CoD: BO 2 on the videos that are currently making rounds on the web right now.

No one is saying Wii U is not more powerful than PS360 :p

Seriously, I think that would be silly - I'm quite certain Zelda and other 1st parties will look great. From what I'm seeing here, debate is more about how these specs will affect 3rd parties - since you mentioned BLOPS2, take a look at those shadows for example - I don't remember I've seen that in something like 10 years, and that memory bandwidth might be problem - I'm sure they can fix such things, and make it same as on PS360 (or better), once they learn how to do it "Nintendo" way.

In my opinion, even if it turns out WiiU is just slightly more powefull than Twins, newer GPU will and more RAM will make it much more easier for developers to code than on current consoles (as some developers are alraedy stating). But, it would've been really nice if Nintendo went just one extra mile, and made system bit more powerfull, so that can be clear right out of the box it belongs more to NextBox/PS4 power category, and not PS360.

You obviously haven't met Turkish and his on going crusade to trash anything Nintendo.  I really do miss liborex as he was the antithesis of Turkish; where did that guy go btw?  Anyways I am sincerly enjoying the Wii U right now and right off the bat, games like Trine 2 really outshines the current versions available on the PS3 and 360.  The efficent design of the system along with 4x the total RAM, a GPGPU that squashes the PS360 http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-GPGPU-Squashes-Xbox-360-PS3-Capable-DirectX-11-Equivalent-Graphics-47126.html , 32 MB of eDRAM ( I suspect MoSys 1TSRAM) etc should equate to an improvement diffrence similar to N64 to DC.  Regardless seeing Nintendo games in real HD resolution is well worth the $300 entry price; especially if you consider the lackluster Vita (with no good games) is selling at the same or nearly the same price.

Just want to add the Gamepad resolution is a pleasant surprise; definitely above the 3DS XL or even the Vita in quality as far as I can tell!!! 

Turkish said:
oni-link said:
Wow...just...wow...I knew this site was full of anti-Nintendo fanatics like Turkish, VGking etc...but I didn't know it was this rampant!!! I'll wait for a full analysis of the system before jumping the gun. I take it that the term "no one is saying Wii U is not more powerful than PS360...the question is how much" that these people hide behind is thrown out the window b/c of some presumed RAM speed (what the heck). Never mind that the Wii U has better latency, more eDRAM, double the amount of RAM or a better GPU or even CPU. Well I am totally happy with my Wii U, which seem to outperform both PS360 on CoD: BO 2 on the videos that are currently making rounds on the web right now.

You can read Digital Foundrys review.

I did and found it bull$hit similar to how Patcher has been ranting about the Wii U from the beginning.  Honestly, basing the capability of a system based on launch ports from the sub-HD twins (PS3 can't even render BO 2 in standard HD) is quite lunacy!!!

This again proves that Wii U is just playing catch-up to PS360. Black Ops 2 looking more or less similar is a better proof of how less powerful it is. This console better launch quick or it's going to have such a short life.

I like how people always go by numbers. There are so many systems with low numbers that work better than those with "huge" ones.
Although, in this case, I think it's right to say the low numbers are worse.

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:
This again proves that Wii U is just playing catch-up to PS360. Black Ops 2 looking more or less similar is a better proof of how less powerful it is. This console better launch quick or it's going to have such a short life.

With a year lead on it's rival, I seriously doubt it!!!  Besides it's not like Nintendo is borrowing money to stay a float they have ~$10 billion in liquid assets http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-14/sony-shares-plunge-after-convertible-bond-offer

GameAnalyser said:

wait - blops2 looking like on ps360 on start where the engine was optimized over the last years for ps360 means wiiu is less powerful than the two? *tilt*

oni-link said:
Turkish said:
oni-link said:

I did and found it bull$hit similar to how Patcher has been ranting about the Wii U from the beginning.  Honestly, basing the capability of a system based on launch ports from the sub-HD twins (PS3 can't even render BO 2 in standard HD) is quite lunacy!!!

Not only launch ports, look at ZombiU, does that game look good to you? Just watched the IGN review, sorry graphics are mediocre.

Turkish said:
oni-link said:
Turkish said:
oni-link said:

Not only launch ports, look at ZombiU, does that game look good to you? Just watched the IGN review, sorry graphics are mediocre.

ZombiU? oh, you mean that game that started on PS360, was moved to Wii U and then was changed mid-development from Killer Freaks to ZombiU.

Yes, it's strange to me that it doesn't have amazing graphics as well, especially when it was mostly developed on ever-changing, unfinalised dev-kits.

>_>

oni-link said:

The truth is that in some things it'll be better and other things it'll be worse. The question is where it is overall which is really up in the air. I presume that Black Ops 2 is a better fit for the Wii U given the fact that Nintendo typically designs their games to run at 60FPS which is identical to the design of COD as they all target 60FPS. Other games will be less of a good fit so you'd need to take the good with the bad.

Tease.