By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Windows 8 sales "well below" Microsoft's expectations

RolStoppable said:
Isn't it tradition that every other Windows underperforms? Version 2, 4, 6 and now 8.

Also, my brother said that it won't do well and he likes Apple.

As my notes in my GUI class stated: "It takes Microsoft 3 tries of anything to get it right", so Windows 9 is gonna be just right.

Around the Network

I actually like Windows 8 a lot. It's not bad software at all. It's like the article said, the PC industry is not delivering the technology for it. I don't think it's their fault, more like MS rushed to push this out. Either way, I'm getting 2 laptops with Win8 during Black Friday!

Some stats from the business world:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/rejected-74-of-organizations-have-no-plans-to-deploy-windows-8/6828

74% of organisations have no plans to implement Windows 8 and just under 24% have stated they'll skip Windows 8 altogether.

Some of these comments were especially harsh:

Businesses will stick to Windows 7. Win 8 looks too casual for a big business to use.

Other then that, it seems like a hit for consumers.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Argh_College said:
Slimebeast said:
Scoobes said:
This article seems to fit the OP. I haven't finished reading it yet but it seems an interesting analysis/opinion piece:

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/14/microsoft-has-failed/

Yeah, in summary Microsoft leadership is out of touch with reality and the whole Win 8 echosystem (incl Phone 8, Win 8 tablets and the Win 8 PC OS) is such an enormous failure that will even start to alienate the business market and lead to a death spiral for MS.

Microsoft haters are funnier and even more delusional than Apple Haters...

Both are ridiculous though.

Apple and Microsoft are Doooomeeed! Yet W8 will sell 1 bilion and Iphone 6 3 bilions :D

My post was a summary of the article by Charlie on Semi-accurate. Although I largely agree with his analysis.

Apple is not doomed. Apple is unstoppable. But MS is on a decline and will struggle in the not so far future.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Argh_College said:
Slimebeast said:
Scoobes said:
This article seems to fit the OP. I haven't finished reading it yet but it seems an interesting analysis/opinion piece:

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/14/microsoft-has-failed/

Yeah, in summary Microsoft leadership is out of touch with reality and the whole Win 8 echosystem (incl Phone 8, Win 8 tablets and the Win 8 PC OS) is such an enormous failure that will even start to alienate the business market and lead to a death spiral for MS.

Microsoft haters are funnier and even more delusional than Apple Haters...

Both are ridiculous though.

Apple and Microsoft are Doooomeeed! Yet W8 will sell 1 bilion and Iphone 6 3 bilions :D

My post was a summary of the article by Charlie on Semi-accurate. Although I largely agree with his analysis.

Apple is not doomed. Apple is unstoppable. But MS is on a decline and will struggle in the not so far future.

Again, you are absolutely in denial my friend, you have no clue what you are talking about and what it would take for Microsoft to go down... Business may not like Windows 8 but most people who will use it are Casual Consumers anyway like me who want Windows just to use a pc for internet, word, Skype... Win 8 does that absolutely good and i see no reason for it to not be a sucess... It will be a sucess, even if its not Microsoft has Windows 9 already planned, they can go back to what W7 was all about although i doubt it.

Microsoft has the future controlled, even if W8 fails wich will not be the case.

People still need Windows for most PC games and little else. The vast majority of PC users that doesn't play on PC, or just plays platform-agnostic browser games, don't need Windows, while those 100M to 300M Windows gamers just need the Windows they already have on their PCs and they can skip one or more new versions.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Microsoft: We've sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses to date

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-weve-sold-40-million-windows-8-licenses-to-date-7000007990/

Nsanity said:

Microsoft: We've sold 40 million Windows 8 licenses to date

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-weve-sold-40-million-windows-8-licenses-to-date-7000007990/

So it's selling quicker than windows 7 but it's another M$ doom threads?

Why?!?!

I guess when it's November/December they ate seeing their precious console of choice not being at the top so they either downplay it or try to distract everyone with these threads.

Lame. Getting pretty over it.

I'm an IT Supervisor working for city government and I can tell you that Windows 8 will never see the light of day in our organization. It has no real business application and we haven't finished our Windows 7 rollout yet. LOL