By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Windows 8 sales "well below" Microsoft's expectations

I'm loving windows 8, but I'm part of the sales problem I guess, pirating windows OS since 98.

Around the Network

ASUS Gaming Republic Laptop and nothing but problems.
This is the first time I ever complained about a MS product outside of the RROD fiasco. I ended up getting my money back from MS.

Basically installed it 3+ times and MS said my Bios was bad. Contacted ASUS and said my laptop was too old (only 3 years old mind you) and it Runs Windows 7 flawlessly.

I'm not the only one having issues either. Lots and lots of issues with Windows 8. It will be a version I skip for sure and won't upgrade my PC till Windows 9/whatever It's called is out.

It's just that simple.

Wait what?

Windows 8 sales are tracking higher than Windows 7 adoption. I'm confused. Did they expect it to absolutely destroy 7? Is tracking above not good?

Or is this 'Rumour' some bad fanboy BS again.

According to Nielsen, it looks like maybe not the whole Win 8, but at least MS Surface is in trouble:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150236&page=1

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

How the hell can kids know anything about surface?it should be more like 0%

Around the Network

N4G M$ is doomed artciles incoming

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

D-Joe said:
How the hell can kids know anything about surface?it should be more like 0%

Well, that thing is always on TV these days... This means kids still watch TV, they didn't turn completely to internet, phones and precocious unprotected sex! 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

zumnupy10 said:
I really think W8 can be successful in the tablet market. But what is the reason to upgrade from W7 on desktops ?

The only reason I'm running W8 Pro right now is because my W7 PC decided it didn't want to boot properly anymore. It would come up to Starting Windows then bounce after about a minute of sitting there. Diagnostics said it was a bad HD or motherboard. Of course I had no DVD and never bothered to back up my system so I formatted the HD and installed Linux and everything was fine except for the whole "none of my games run on Linux thing". So when I saw W8 for cheaper than W7 at launch I thought why not. It's been working fine ever since.

If not for that I'd still be running Windows 7

Slimebeast said:
Scoobes said:
This article seems to fit the OP. I haven't finished reading it yet but it seems an interesting analysis/opinion piece:

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/11/14/microsoft-has-failed/

Yeah, in summary Microsoft leadership is out of touch with reality and the whole Win 8 echosystem (incl Phone 8, Win 8 tablets and the Win 8 PC OS) is such an enormous failure that will even start to alienate the business market and lead to a death spiral for MS.

Microsoft haters are funnier and even more delusional than Apple Haters...

Both are ridiculous though.

Apple and Microsoft are Doooomeeed! Yet W8 will sell 1 bilion and Iphone 6 3 bilions :D

mothman said:
zumnupy10 said:
I really think W8 can be successful in the tablet market. But what is the reason to upgrade from W7 on desktops ?

The only reason I'm running W8 Pro right now is because my W7 PC decided it didn't want to boot properly anymore. It would come up to Starting Windows then bounce after about a minute of sitting there. Diagnostics said it was a bad HD or motherboard. Of course I had no DVD and never bothered to back up my system so I formatted the HD and installed Linux and everything was fine except for the whole "none of my games run on Linux thing". So when I saw W8 for cheaper than W7 at launch I thought why not. It's been working fine ever since.

If not for that I'd still be running Windows 7

I personally do not think about getting W8.

W7 is a very good product and many are not willing to move from it right now.   It will be a tough job for microsoft to make people leave behind what they are used to.