By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
fighter said:
MegaDrive08 said:
I know but I wanted to play my wii games on it's original format, I'm wierd like that

How did you manage with other dying systems ?

I don't think he has much experience with failing hardware since he is a Nintendo guy. Bazinga!

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
fighter said:
MegaDrive08 said:
I know but I wanted to play my wii games on it's original format, I'm wierd like that

I don't think he has much experience with failing hardware since he is a Nintendo guy. Bazinga!

*looking at avatar, name, and sig of megadrive08*

Chandler's jokes made sense.

At least you're is still kicking. My original Wii is D.E.A.D. (after two repairs, one on laser) and took all my WW, VC and some game saves with it (had most on SD) :(. But by that time, I'd remarried and inherited a new one at least.

wonder if there's any way to get my downloaded games back...

MegaDrive08 said:
Is it easy to buy a new laser amd replace it myself?

If you know how to replace a DVD's laser, there are shops that sell them. One of my brother's motor is dying which isn't a big deal and I was going to mod it and off load the games to a thumb drive to play the game on the Dolphin emulator. But with the Wii U coming Im not going to do it. I will probally store the systems for a latter date. Yeah both systems we own are launch day systems. So even with moving part Nintendo still did a superub job at creating a stable console.

Mine's on the fritz as well. Launch day Wii (November 19, 2006) and recently it's had trouble's booting up. I'll turn it on, and the start up screen boots up (Press A to Continue), but the Wii OS never appears and the screen stays black. Have to hold the power button on the console to actually turn it off.

Hopefully I can get it to work long enough so that I can transfer the files to Wii U...

Around the Network

Yeah mine is a launch wii to, tatsunoko vs capcom seems to work, other games can't get past the intro screens, might look at getting a new laser

Gamerace said:
At least you're is still kicking. My original Wii is D.E.A.D. (after two repairs, one on laser) and took all my WW, VC and some game saves with it (had most on SD) :(. But by that time, I'd remarried and inherited a new one at least.

wonder if there's any way to get my downloaded games back...

my NES still play games, so my SuperNes, N64, GameCube, and Wii... my first playstation die 1 year after i bougth it, my second die 1.5 years after that, my playstation 2 die in 2003, and my second playstation 2 die a year after the first, my xbox still play games, but my xbox360 got RROD in 2007.

34 years playing games.

my Wii has been getting more and more of these pixel distortion or whatever they are called so yeah will play my Wii games on my WiiU and I think it is better as you can now put your Wii to rest!

my consoles are in a grass stand so it will be joining the others soon

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Did you even try to use a lens cleaner kit or just assume that the laser is dead? It could just be dirty considering you stated yourself that it reads some games but doesn't read others.

fighter said:
Chandler said:
fighter said:
MegaDrive08 said:

*looking at avatar, name, and sig of megadrive08*

Chandler's jokes made sense.

You are right, he is probably playing the current SEGA console. Oh, wait.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.