By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My wii is dying

MegaDrive08 said:
I know but I wanted to play my wii games on it's original format, I'm wierd like that

As far as I knwo the wiiU uses hardware emultion and you can still use the same wii pereiphials so it shouldn't be any different on the wiiU or wii

Around the Network
mai said:
MegaDrive08 said:
The laser in my wii is dying I can virtually play no games, :( ironic that I'm getting the Wii U at the end of this month and it nearly exactly 6 years to when I purchased, I still wanted to keep and use my wii and build my wii collection as there's games I've still not played, Im sad at this moment

Maybe I'm not allowed to say this, but softmod > install any USB or SD loader you like (I suggest, go for USB) > grab your Wii discs on external medium of your choice (some loaders could do it internally, like WiiFlow) > enjoy. Mine is 5 yo and just like new, but probably I've never used it that heavily.

I would highly recommend NOT modding your Wii until after you have been able to transfer your purchases to the Wii U, you never know if that will cause you to loose them or the ability to do so, after you transfer, have a party.

jlrx said:

I would highly recommend NOT modding your Wii until after you have been able to transfer your purchases to the Wii U, you never know if that will cause you to loose them or the ability to do so, after you transfer, have a party.

It won't, it won't even void your warranty if done right. Unless chipmodded, but there's no reason to chipmod Wii now, when it's hacked up the ass. Given how his Wii won't read MOM or Xenoblade (double layer discs), which is an obvious symptom of dying laser, it's either softmod and play games from HDD, or replace the laser. I'd suggest the former.

UPD. Proof: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500433

mai said:

jlrx said:

It won't, it won't even void your warranty if done right. Unless chipmodded, but there's no reason to chipmod Wii now, when it's hacked up the ass. Given how his Wii won't read MOM or Xenoblade (double layer discs), which is an obvious symptom of dying laser, it's either softmod and play games from HDD, or replace the laser. I'd suggest the former.

my laser is dying and I was thinking of doing that.

All the softmods I seen say format your sd card blah blah blah. Is there a USB softmod version?