By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What next gen consoles will you be buying?

Which console will you be buying?

WiiU 73 12.37%

NeXbox 101 17.12%

PS4 251 42.54%

All 3 46 7.80%

WiiU/NeXbox 19 3.22%

WiiU/PS4 44 7.46%

NeXbox/PS4 55 9.32%

Total:589

Its looking bleak at this point for me, if the PS and x-box brand keep heading in the same direction and Nintendo doesn't wow me in a big way with the Wii U, I might end up not getting any of them and stick solely to PC.

Around the Network

PS4 most likely - Sony always has those few exclusives that I just must play - and maybe Wii U somewhere down the line for Zelda. For rest it's PC, as usual...

It's less a question of if than it is of when... and for me it is always about the software.

JayWood2010 said:
gentii said:
Wii U

first partty its much better In my opininion

Fixed

Sorry, but I hate when people do this. Obviously, that's his opinion. The statement was subjective by nature.

All of them. I don't limit myself with these pathetic fan wars.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
JayWood2010 said:
gentii said:
Wii U

first partty its much better In my opininion

Fixed

Sorry, but I hate when people do this. Obviously, that's his opinion. The statement was subjective by nature.

Yes but I'd prefer not getting in a console war like many threads.  I'm rather pleased with the way this thread has went as people are not making direct comparisons in any way.  

In fact I guarnatee if I went to another thread right now and posted "Xbox has the best exclusives"  I'd get rabbit fans replying saying I'm wrong.  That is why it's best to put in my opinion after something like this instead of stating it like it's a fact.

Definitely the Wii U and PC for *THIS* generation. Pretty sure next-gen is now considered the 9th one. I don't think I'll go SONY anytime soon, and I bought an Xbox 360 just last year.

I guess I´ll end up getting all of them at some point, or two of them at least, don´t know which ones.

I like Nintendo´s first party titles, but not as much as before..from Sony I only really like Uncharted and God of War, and in MS´s camp I really like Halo an Gears.Fact is most of the games I´ve been enjoying this generation are 3rd party, so it´ll depend on that part, and also the controllers play a major part in my decision (love the 360 controller, like the DualShock and hate the Wii remote, which is why I´m glad the U pad, apart from having a touch screen in the middle, goes back to a traditional layout with two analog sticks, d pad, four face buttons, etc.)

Wii was the first console I've ever purchased for myself (I've gotten my kids N64, GC, PS2, 360) but so far (and really it's far too early) I can't say I'll purchase any console next/this gen.

WiiU - No interest, although Endless Ocean and a new Super Smash Bros might get me to reconsider but only if they are signifigantly better than what I already have on Wii (not just graphically). If WiiU had been Wii HD - that is to say refined motion controls for Assassin's Creed/Batman/etc. I'd have pre-ordered one.

Nextbox - Will depend on Kinect and if all those crazy rumours are true. Although MS has failed to produce a single must have title for Kinect this gen and it's still unlikely to get incorporated into more traditional game fare.

PS4 - We know nothing about. If it's anything like PS3, I'll pass.

Ouya/MOGA/Wikipad/etc - Quite likely one of these, or one we've yet to see will become my primary game console next gen.

i haven't seen anything from next gen that i'm interested in yet so i have no plans for it at the moment

besides that i'm having fun with the games i own and there are still plenty of games to be released for this gen that i'm interested in anyway