By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Samsung raises processor price by 20% on Apple

Train wreck said:

You mention in a lot of your posts that you want engaged conservation from the community but the comments you are writing now add no value, at least try to refute what Im saying with evidence from other court cases, Samsung phone direction before the iphone released, something.

I really thought you were kidding.

What do you want me to say? We all see the phones with our eyes. When Samsung made the phone I currently own (the T119), did anyone say they copied because they had a Call and a Hang Up button, and a back button like most phones of its time? No, they didn't. Even if they did, I don't remember hearing of the consequences we hear about here (1b$ in fees).

As for swipes and gestures, none of that is something a company can appropriate to themselves. It's an integral part of a touchscreen experience, these gesture and swipe concepts have existed since the beginnings of the tablet era 1 a decade ago, as well as the smart devices  that existed pre iphone (compaq Q et al.).

I really don't want to discuss this it's been talked about ad nauseam. In my humble opinion, Apple had no right to sue Samsung over something they don't own, and they got what they deserved.

I appreciate the guilt trip, because I do need to post with quality and lead by example, but to be fair you and MBP both called me deluded, so... how conducive to thought is a comment like that? (Just take it with a grain of salt)

Around the Network

LMFAO. Apple really had not choice to agree to it.
You can bet they're looking for a new partner.

man-bear-pig said:
happydolphin said:
man-bear-pig said:

How can you even type that with a straight face?

The Galaxy is a blatant iPhone rip-off and the Galaxy tablet is a blatant iPad rip-off. No-one can deny this.

Shuure, keep telling yourself that.

It's the truth. Everybody knows it (including the courts).

For once I agree with you.

happydolphin said:
Train wreck said:
happydolphin said:

You mention in a lot of your posts that you want engaged conservation from the community but the comments you are writing now add no value, at least try to refute what Im saying with evidence from other court cases, Samsung phone direction before the iphone released, something.

I really thought you were kidding.

What do you want me to say? We all see the phones with our eyes. When Samsung made the phone I currently own (the T119), did anyone say they copied because they had a Call and a Hang Up button, and a back button like most phones of its time? No, they didn't. Even if they did, I don't remember hearing of the consequences we hear about here (1b$ in fees).

As for swipes and gestures, none of that is something a company can appropriate to themselves. It's an integral part of a touchscreen experience, these gesture and swipe concepts have existed since the beginnings of the tablet era 1 a decade ago, as well as the smart devices  that existed pre iphone (compaq Q et al.).

I really don't want to discuss this it's been talked about ad nauseam. In my humble opinion, Apple had no right to sue Samsung over something they don't own, and they got what they deserved.

I appreciate the guilt trip, because I do need to post with quality and lead by example, but to be fair you and MBP both called me deluded, so... how conducive to thought is a comment like that? (Just take it with a grain of salt)

Samsung has had vast history of copying the leaders in the cellphone industry, it just that Apple actually called their bluff.  Prior to the new slate of phones in 2007, Samsung ripped off Motorola  with their versions of the RAZR and the Motorola Q.  People callout Apple suing based on rounded edged stupid, but say nothing about Blackberry and them suing Samsung (and settling out of court) on the word black (for the Samsung Blackjack).

If I am a company and spend billions on R&D to have some random company take my ideas and profit themselves im going to do what it takes to protect my assets, sorry you dont see it that way.

This can ultimately fire back at Samsung when Apple chooses to do business with someone else in the future.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Apple with end up manufacturing all of their chips and call it a day. Soon enough.

Train wreck said:

Samsung has had vast history of copying the leaders in the cellphone industry, it just that Apple actually called their bluff.  Prior to the new slate of phones in 2007, Samsung ripped off Motorola  with their versions of the RAZR and the Motorola Q.  People callout Apple suing based on rounded edged stupid, but say nothing about Blackberry and them suing Samsung (and settling out of court) on the word black (for the Samsung Blackjack).

If I am a company and spend billions on R&D to have some random company take my ideas and profit themselves im going to do what it takes to protect my assets, sorry you dont see it that way.

You don't need to be sorry, and you really don't need to take it personally, this has no bearing on either my life or yours.

happydolphin said:
Train wreck said:

You don't need to be sorry, and you really don't need to take it personally, this has no bearing on either my life or yours.

Believe me I’m not taking it personally what-so-ever.  People need to be content with the purchases they have and not succumb to the pressures that society places on even the most useless of valuables.  Cellphones, Video games systems, Cars, houses, clothes... a long time ago we could purchase one and not be ridiculed for it, now a days you have to put up a shield just to defend your purchase without being called a 'sheep',  'tard', 'loyalist', 'fanboys', 'sellout'

I’m just tired of the false rhetoric that goes on from all sides, it’s disgusting.

Train wreck said:

Believe me I’m not taking it personally what-so-ever.  People need to be content with the purchases they have and not succumb to the pressures that society places on even the most useless of valuables.  Cellphones, Video games systems, Cars, houses, clothes... a long time ago we could purchase one and not be ridiculed for it, now a days you have to put up a shield just to defend your purchase without being called a 'sheep',  'tard', 'loyalist', 'fanboys', 'sellout'

I’m just tired of the false rhetoric that goes on from all sides, it’s disgusting.

To be fair, man I really didn't intend on calling anyone names here, if I did I'm sorry. I don't remember insulting anyone in this thread. I was really just happy that Apple got what, in my sense of justice, they deserved. But I rarely talk in apple threads. Probs will stay out of 'em next time to avoid hurting peeps.

Just brush it off and carry on. No need to let other peoples' labelling of you get to ya. And I know how you feel, the people saying that aren't worth it. Just keep in mind, I never said that about you or any apple fan.

Hahahahahaha

Well played Samsung.

Well played.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron