By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marcus Beer speaks for gamers and questions validity of paying for Xbox Live it in front of Michael Pachter

I think it's such a stupid concept of having to pay to play online. Take CoD or Halo for example. You pay 50 bucks to be able to play the SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN. That's it. You buy full price for a game and only get half of the content. People are pissed off on Capcom for adding DLC on the disc? this is waaay worse. To be able to play the full game you have to pay to get online. Sucks ass.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I will pay for Xbox Live forever! Best service ever imo.

Halo 4 is a black on Live.

Man with vested interest in being "famous" spouts vitriol of one of the big three...

I don't know what's worse the actual OP or the responses claiming this is for the greater good of gamers. Ads are here to stay, funny how they start lambasting Microsoft and not the hundreds of mobile gaming companies that have ads despite actually being paid for in some instances too.

As for S.T.A.G.E with his most gamers are going to PC comment, you really are dreaming. The mobile gaming market will expand most through tablets and phones, PC gaming is a shrinking market and that will continue. For the record I'm a huge PC gaming fan but it simply cannot compete with the ease of other devices, DRM is destroying the PC gaming market imo.

techhunter80 said:

Who is this, and why should anyone care?

He is the guy who called basically all consoles shit. 

Jazz2K said:
Lol this guy is clearly biased agains't anything MS... he doesn't speak for gamers and he's full of himself. The moment he says his Kinect registered what his girlfriend told him resulting in the game going in another direction is BS.

He also said that you shouldn't be paying for gold because of all those adds... lol, anyone complaining about the "multiple" adds on the dashboard clearly don't know what they're talking about as there are very few of them and 99% of them are movies, games, or something related to Xbox... realyy...

Pachter did a good job calling him a little whiny gamer... and that beared dud makes more sense and show more maturity... that Marcu Beer looks more like a bitter Sony fan than a real gamer.

He's a PC gamer dude, but he also enjoys the consoles.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Man with vested interest in being "famous" spouts vitriol of one of the big three...

I don't know what's worse the actual OP or the responses claiming this is for the greater good of gamers. Ads are here to stay, funny how they start lambasting Microsoft and not the hundreds of mobile gaming companies that have ads despite actually being paid for in some instances too.

As for S.T.A.G.E with his most gamers are going to PC comment, you really are dreaming. The mobile gaming market will expand most through tablets and phones, PC gaming is a shrinking market and that will continue. For the record I'm a huge PC gaming fan but it simply cannot compete with the ease of other devices, DRM is destroying the PC gaming market imo.

I never said most gamers are going PC. I said a lot of gamers that I know are going PC from having the 360. It delivers the same experience  Xbox Live is providing save for Halo, Gears & Forza. PC already got Fable and Alan Wake.

Jazz2K said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Jazz2K said:
Lol this guy is clearly biased agains't anything MS... he doesn't speak for gamers and he's full of himself. The moment he says his Kinect registered what his girlfriend told him resulting in the game going in another direction is BS.

He also said that you shouldn't be paying for gold because of all those adds... lol, anyone complaining about the "multiple" adds on the dashboard clearly don't know what they're talking about as there are very few of them and 99% of them are movies, games, or something related to Xbox... realyy...

Pachter did a good job calling him a little whiny gamer... and that beared dud makes more sense and show more maturity... that Marcu Beer looks more like a bitter Sony fan than a real gamer.

your post only shows you didnt know the guy, watch invisible walls and annoyed gamer and you wil see he is not a fanboy of anything and not a microsoft hater.

You're right I don't know the guy. But after this bonus round, I don't think he knows what he's talking about...

He doesn't know what he's talking about yet he owns an Xbox with Kinect and at one time paid for Xbox Live until he got hacked. Because of the user demand to hear his opinion he has his own show on GT now. A lot of gamers across the board agree with him and some disagree on certain subjects, but usually when he speaks he has all gamers in mind and doesnt call out specific groups. Pachter is a business man, of course he's going to call out dissenters to Microsoft cause and lastly his only ins are Microsoft, Activision and EA. 

Argh_College said:
I will pay for Xbox Live forever! Best service ever imo.

Halo 4 is a black on Live.

Steam, free, does everything XBL does and much more.

Not sure where Halo 4 came from but it's a pretty good game for sure.

DanneSandin said:
I think it's such a stupid concept of having to pay to play online. Take CoD or Halo for example. You pay 50 bucks to be able to play the SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN. That's it. You buy full price for a game and only get half of the content. People are pissed off on Capcom for adding DLC on the disc? this is waaay worse. To be able to play the full game you have to pay to get online. Sucks ass.

I agree that, as a gamer, XBLA should be free. But that's because I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't even like paying full price for the best games. However you can enjoy all the multiplayer without paying for XBLA. All you need are real life friends willing to come over and play split screen or LAN. So if youbreak Halo 4 down into its most basic pieces it would be Campaign, Online Multiplayer, Local Multiplayer. Which would mean that you pay for two thirds of the game and then have to pay for the last third. But as far as content on the disc, you can use all 100% offline.

On the topic of paying for XBLA. I do wish it was free. Like I said I'm cheap and wish everything was free. But since it's not I don't think the price of a year of XBLA is too much. I buy my year subscriptions on Amazon.com when it's on sale for $35. That's comes out to about $2.91 a month. Even for someone as cheap as me can't say that $2.91 is enough to get upset about.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
thranx said:
I think patcher countered hime very well. They both brought up good points, but what Patcher said is true and that is why xbox live is still such a success with some of the flaws that hardcore gamers do not like. I personally don mind the ads as they dont stop me from doing anything(they stop and play videos i can't stop or anything like that they are just there) and sometimes (not very often) i see something usefull in them. I have never watch bonus round before, a good show. PNever really seen patcher speak either for all the flak he gets I think he does well. Yea is more business than gamer, but he brings up valid points.

I agreed with pachter on the ads part, but again Microsoft doesn't need them because as Pachter said they broke even on Xbox Live after 2-3 million users. Xbox Live is a constant surplus for Microsoft and still they call it premium. Those ads are just excess money in their pockets. All I can say is rape.

Most ads i see are for games and movies and music. But i'm not really on the dash that much. Its not rape for a company to make a profit. Its normal. If they dont make the profit on xbox live they will try to make it eleware. I do not see profit as a bad thing as long as i am getting what i want and pay for, which i do from live.

I dont see the difference between live and PSN to tell you the truth, but whatever you see in it, enjoy it my friend.

There isn't much difference now. The main thing i like is the unified match making system. But sony would not have improved psn if ms didn't force them by having a better online experience earlier on in this gen, and ms wouldn't have had the better online experience without the monthly subs.