By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did Sony go with Super Smash Bros. too instead of Super Mario Bros. too?

Tagged games:

bananaking21 said:
DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:

hahahahah so now were measuring quality by what fanbody say and do? so games like halo 4 are actually a 6/10, mass effect 3 a 5.3/10 call of duty 3/10. because you know the interenet isnt full of fanboys just trolling games, no not at all. i would rather go with a man who's profession to rate games than a fanboy on the interent 

Well if you can mention the opinion of game journalists, then surely I can mention the opinion of gamers? We all know game journalists have been bribed or black mailed into giving games higher scores than what they would have liked. And as far as I know this have never happened to a Nintendo game, so we can assume that Nintendo isn't in to that sort of business and therefor their game score would be lower. And then factoring in the fact that eurogamer, a pretty big and respected gaming site, in an article clearly was biased AGAINST Nintendo and Wii U we can assume that several game sites have something against Nintendo.

What I'm trying to say is that refering to the score of either game journalists or users/gamers in itself is faulty. Neither can be trusted.

i stoped reading your reply when you said  "asfar as i know it didnt happen with nintendo" and we "can assume nintendo isnt into that bussines" 

well as far as i know sony, ms, activision, ea and rockstar arent into that stuff as well, we we can assume there games arent bribed as well? or what how does this go? we go by assumptions and speculation now?

I put those parts in there so that, had they ever been accused of doing something like that you could have proven me wrong with a link or something like that.

You are assuming that the game reviewers AREN'T biased or bribed, making that argument just as faulty as mine. So we're back to scratch. And what's left then? Sales....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:
bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:

1) Comparing LBP with Super Mario Bros is like comparing Apple to Orange, Is like comparing COD with borderlands because both have guns. Diferent games.

2) An opinion is a fact? since when? Triple facepalm. When we are talking about entertaiment (like video games) the only fact you can use to compare similar games is sales. You are just showing the need of some Sony fans to talk and look down everything Nintendo.

when did i use opinion? i gave metacritic scores. in this thread i have never said in my opinion which game i personally think is better 

A review of a game is an Opinion. It is not a fact.

when did i ever say it wasnt? i stated that LBP had higher metacritic scores then SMB. is that an opinion or fact?

It's the fact of opinions

Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:

You heard it hear folks, sales numbers = opinions. Anyway, I trust 28.62 million opinions more than 5.01 million opinions. 

so according to your logic if sales = opinions then it means quality. so to your logic justin biebers 800 million views on youtube makes it the best song in history and him the best singer, and the second best song in history is gangnam style. yes very logical. views on youtube = sales = quality

So views on youtube are sales now. Good to know, keep em coming, bro.

no, they indicate the popularity of something, in this case the popularity of songs is directly linked to youtube hits, a popularity of a game is directed to its sales. and you claimed sales which defines how popular a game is to quality, which is the same is saying views on youtube which indicates how popular it is to quality. so accoring to  your logic populairty = quality which says baby and gangnam style are the best 2 songs in history by far

Bottom line is, when people put money down for something they deem it worth it. Way more people put money down for NSMB than LBP, even with LBP being a lot cheaper nowadays. So you can rub on out on your hipster scores all you want, it doesn't help the games at all. 50 reviewers opinions are inferior to millions of opinions of people who actually put their money where their mouths are.

so your basically saying quality = sales. so according to your logic every call of duty game has been the best game released in the past 5 years. yes that seems about right

bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:
bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:

1) Comparing LBP with Super Mario Bros is like comparing Apple to Orange, Is like comparing COD with borderlands because both have guns. Diferent games.

2) An opinion is a fact? since when? Triple facepalm. When we are talking about entertaiment (like video games) the only fact you can use to compare similar games is sales. You are just showing the need of some Sony fans to talk and look down everything Nintendo.

when did i use opinion? i gave metacritic scores. in this thread i have never said in my opinion which game i personally think is better 

when did i ever say it wasnt? i stated that LBP had higher metacritic scores then SMB. is that an opinion or fact?

And I said that NSMB easily outsells LBP. Is that an opinion or fact?

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

mushroomboy5 said:
bananaking21 said:

atleast im playing an ...ahem.... far superior game. i have no need to care about sales when playing a game

ok dude, was just answering your question :(

Gotta love how sales all of a sudden don't matter all of a sudden to certain fans when it's not convenient for them.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:

You heard it hear folks, sales numbers = opinions. Anyway, I trust 28.62 million opinions more than 5.01 million opinions. 

so according to your logic if sales = opinions then it means quality. so to your logic justin biebers 800 million views on youtube makes it the best song in history and him the best singer, and the second best song in history is gangnam style. yes very logical. views on youtube = sales = quality

no, they indicate the popularity of something, in this case the popularity of songs is directly linked to youtube hits, a popularity of a game is directed to its sales. and you claimed sales which defines how popular a game is to quality, which is the same is saying views on youtube which indicates how popular it is to quality. so accoring to  your logic populairty = quality which says baby and gangnam style are the best 2 songs in history by far

Bottom line is, when people put money down for something they deem it worth it. Way more people put money down for NSMB than LBP, even with LBP being a lot cheaper nowadays. So you can rub on out on your hipster scores all you want, it doesn't help the games at all. 50 reviewers opinions are inferior to millions of opinions of people who actually put their money where their mouths are.

so your basically saying quality = sales. so according to your logic every call of duty game has been the best game released in the past 5 years. yes that seems about right

Clearly, Mario Kart Wii is the best game of the last 5 years then, and....

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:
bananaking21 said:
sensebringer said:

It's the fact of opinions

made my people who's profession is to objectivly review games based on there good and bad qualities, there for making there opinions much more trust worthy than internet fanboys. you know its why publishers even give rewards to developers based on metacritic reviews, you know because developers profession is to rate games, its their job. and until you give any real evidence that LBP scores were baised, adjusted and bought you have no legs to stand on to claim they were

Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:

This is actually false... Wii Sports is the best selling game this gen ;)

Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:

if you want to go ahead and believe that false logic go ahead, enjoy mario kart and call of duty

Chandler said:

You heard it hear folks, sales numbers = opinions.  And metacritic ratings = facts. Anyway, I trust 28.62 million opinions more than 5.01 million opinions. 

Fixed.

And you're killin' me with these gifs/pics, lol