By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why did Sony go with Super Smash Bros. too instead of Super Mario Bros. too?

Tagged games:

You heard it hear folks, sales numbers = opinions. Anyway, I trust 28.62 million opinions more than 5.01 million opinions. 

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
krafty89 said:
bananaking21 said:
krafty89 said:
I don't know why people brought Little big planet in this discussion, yes Super Mario Brothers is better as a platformer, but then Rayman origins is better than both of these so who cares.

well because the OP asked why dont sony make a game similar to super mario brothers and the answer is easy because they have a better 2D platforming game called littlebigplanet, so thats why they dont need to. littlebigplanet is the answer to the ops question

It may be a better 2D game but i don't think its a better platformer, Rayman origins beats both in this regard. Maybe they should make a Rachet and Clank 2D platformer. Or better yet someone who is already 2D and has an appearance in a game soon, Parrappa the Rapper!  

i dont really understand all this fus about parrapaa the rapper, since when has be become a fan favorite? before all starts i never heard of the him and never heard another person even mentioning him 

Im just stating what better way of making a 2D platformer than having a character that is literally 2D. 

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

krafty89 said:
bananaking21 said:
krafty89 said:
bananaking21 said:
krafty89 said:
I don't know why people brought Little big planet in this discussion, yes Super Mario Brothers is better as a platformer, but then Rayman origins is better than both of these so who cares.

well because the OP asked why dont sony make a game similar to super mario brothers and the answer is easy because they have a better 2D platforming game called littlebigplanet, so thats why they dont need to. littlebigplanet is the answer to the ops question

It may be a better 2D game but i don't think its a better platformer, Rayman origins beats both in this regard. Maybe they should make a Rachet and Clank 2D platformer. Or better yet someone who is already 2D and has an appearance in a game soon, Parrappa the Rapper!  

i dont really understand all this fus about parrapaa the rapper, since when has be become a fan favorite? before all starts i never heard of the him and never heard another person even mentioning him 

Im just stating what better way of making a 2D platformer than having a character that is literally 2D. 

its a good idea but isnt rayman that way? but im honestly just asking why people just seemed to love this charecter all of a sudden

Chandler said:

You heard it hear folks, sales numbers = opinions. Anyway, I trust 28.62 million opinions more than 5.01 million opinions. 

so according to your logic if sales = opinions then it means quality. so to your logic justin biebers 800 million views on youtube makes it the best song in history and him the best singer, and the second best song in history is gangnam style. yes very logical. views on youtube = sales = quality

bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:

lol 

metacritic scores

littlebigplanet 95 > 89 super mario bros DS

Littlebigplanet 2 91 > 87 super mario bros Wii

Littlebigplanet vita 88 > 78 super mario bros 2 3DS

its obvious LBP slaugthers SMB in terms of quality, its funny how nintendo fans came rushing here claiming SMB is a better game when its clearly not, atleast have something to back your statements up other than your own bais opinion. also other than both being 2D platformers with co-op play, how and what did sony copy the inferior game that is mario?

lol 

sales (aka...money)

littlebigplanet - 5.01 million < 28.62 million - super mario bros DS

Littlebigplanet 2 - 2.7 million < 25.95 million - super mario bros Wii

Littlebigplanet vita - 0.16 million < 3 million - super mario bros 2 3DS

its obvious NSMB slaugthers LBP in terms of popularity/money generated/appeal/gameplay, its funny how Sony fans came rushing here claiming LBP is a better game when its clearly not, atleast have something to back your statements up other than your own bias opinion. Also, all those sales are generated pretty much at full price while a big chunk of LBP sales were generated at bargain bin prices.

lool i didnt give opionions i gave facts. you on the other hand just put in sales numbers and claimed that quality = sales when its not. as for the money, i dont give one shit to who gets more money, it would be pathatic if i did. all i care about is the game and its quality, and LBP is far superior 

It would appear that the newer installments of Mario is inferior to LBP:

http://gamewise.co/games/21472/LittleBigPlanet-2 - 9.1 in user score

http://gamewise.co/games/26711/New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii - 8.9 in user score.

BUT looking at the big picture:

http://gamewise.co/games/36794/Super-Mario-Bros-3 - 9.3 in user score.

Clearly Super Mario Bros. is better because that's what the GAMERS says, not any bribed/biased reviewer.

Facts.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
its because Sony has a superior 2D platforming game, its called littlebigplanet

Word. LittleBigPlanet 2 is the best platformer Ive played the past decade along Jak 3.

DanneSandin said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:

It would appear that the newer installments of Mario is inferior to LBP:

http://gamewise.co/games/21472/LittleBigPlanet-2 - 9.1 in user score

http://gamewise.co/games/26711/New-Super-Mario-Bros-Wii - 8.9 in user score.

BUT looking at the big picture:

http://gamewise.co/games/36794/Super-Mario-Bros-3 - 9.3 in user score.

Clearly Super Mario Bros. is better because that's what the GAMERS says, not any bribed/biased reviewer.

Facts.

hahahahah so now were measuring quality by what fanbody say and do? so games like halo 4 are actually a 6/10, mass effect 3 a 5.3/10 call of duty 3/10. because you know the interenet isnt full of fanboys just trolling games, no not at all. i would rather go with a man who's profession to rate games than a fanboy on the interent 

bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:

so according to your logic if sales = opinions then it means quality. so to your logic justin biebers 800 million views on youtube makes it the best song in history and him the best singer, and the second best song in history is gangnam style. yes very logical. views on youtube = sales = quality

So views on youtube are sales now. Good to know, keep em coming, bro.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:

So views on youtube are sales now. Good to know, keep em coming, bro.

no, they indicate the popularity of something, in this case the popularity of songs is directly linked to youtube hits, a popularity of a game is directed to its sales. and you claimed sales which defines how popular a game is to quality, which is the same is saying views on youtube which indicates how popular it is to quality. so accoring to  your logic populairty = quality which says baby and gangnam style are the best 2 songs in history by far

bananaking21 said:
Chandler said:
bananaking21 said:

lol 

metacritic scores

littlebigplanet 95 > 89 super mario bros DS

Littlebigplanet 2 91 > 87 super mario bros Wii

Littlebigplanet vita 88 > 78 super mario bros 2 3DS

its obvious LBP slaugthers SMB in terms of quality, its funny how nintendo fans came rushing here claiming SMB is a better game when its clearly not, atleast have something to back your statements up other than your own bais opinion. also other than both being 2D platformers with co-op play, how and what did sony copy the inferior game that is mario?

lol 

sales (aka...money)

littlebigplanet - 5.01 million < 28.62 million - super mario bros DS

Littlebigplanet 2 - 2.7 million < 25.95 million - super mario bros Wii

Littlebigplanet vita - 0.16 million < 3 million - super mario bros 2 3DS

its obvious NSMB slaugthers LBP in terms of popularity/money generated/appeal/gameplay, its funny how Sony fans came rushing here claiming LBP is a better game when its clearly not, atleast have something to back your statements up other than your own bias opinion. Also, all those sales are generated pretty much at full price while a big chunk of LBP sales were generated at bargain bin prices.

lool i didnt give opionions i gave facts. you on the other hand just put in sales numbers and claimed that quality = sales when its not. as for the money, i dont give one shit to who gets more money, it would be pathatic if i did. all i care about is the game and its quality, and LBP is far superior 

1) Comparing LBP with Super Mario Bros is like comparing Apple to Orange, Is like comparing COD with borderlands because both have guns. Diferent games.

2) An opinion is a fact? since when? Triple facepalm. When we are talking about entertaiment (like video games) the only fact you can use to compare similar games is sales. You are just showing the need of some Sony fans to talk and look down everything Nintendo.