By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kantor said:
Since pezus has yet to show up, the rest of you have a chance :O

Again, #46: Really buggy game, but a lot of fun unless it broke on you like it did on me. The main quest became impossible to complete because I left a building through the wrong door. And yet, the time I spent with it was pretty amazing.

Your post makes me think of laddergoat.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Again, #46: Really buggy game, but a lot of fun unless it broke on you like it did on me. The main quest became impossible to complete because I left a building through the wrong door. And yet, the time I spent with it was pretty amazing.

Every Bethesda game ever.

But only one of them at number 46!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

47. Half-Life 2 (PC and PS3) - Overall a great and addictive FPS.

My #46 is another PSN game, but not an exclusive one.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

BasilZero said:
Kantor said:
badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Buggier than that. Way buggier.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

miz1q2w3e said:
Scoobes said:

49. Starquake (Amstrad CPC464- also on Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, and Atari)

One of two games on my list that were released before I was born. This game was brilliant, if a bit difficult. You play BLOB (Bio-Logically Operated Being) who crash lands on a planet full of hostiles beings and has to find all the pieces of a core needed to stabilise the planet (A total of 9 different pieces). It was open world, featured hovercraft, teleporters and the locations of the core and it's pieces would randomly change with each new game. Really ahead of its time the game area was massive, colourful and it was a joy to explore its 2D landscapes.

No. 47 clue: A beautiful cell shaded reboot of a classic platform/adventure.

Prince of Persia 08.

Yep!

Description incoming.

Around the Network

47. Prince of Persia (PS3, also on 360 & PC)

I've always felt this game got an undeservedly hard time. Yes, it's not as hard as the previous games, the enemies are a bit dull and fights a bit repetitive, but platforming mechanics were just a joy that few games can replicate. The sheer perfection in the platforming mechanics combined with the impressive art and intriguing characters are what made this game great.

Clue for No. 46: RPG sequel but not made by the same developer that created the original.

Kantor said:
BasilZero said:
Kantor said:
badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Nothing could be buggier than Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, so i'm putting my money on that one .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Kantor said:
BasilZero said:
Kantor said:
badgenome said:
Kantor said:

Fallout New Vegas

Am I the only one who could play NV without experiencing bugs? I only had 1 game breaking one and all it needed was a reset to fix it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Kresnik said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
BasilZero said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I'm hesitant to reveal my clue for #46 with Sherlock Miz around, but here goes ;)

This game has a castle, archers, ruins, swordsmen, and a loyal dog companion, but it's not a role-playing game.

Haunting Ground (PS2) made by Capcom.

Nope :)

I'll give another hint, since the first clue was misdirection. It's one of the best selling games of all time.

Duck Hunt!  (lol)

LOL That dog is most definitely not loyal.

OK, last hint: this game takes place in a location that has appeared in five games, including two 3DS games.

Nintendogs

Seriously though, a Zelda game?