By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Clue for my #03 - At first when exploring the strange first world of this game, I really thought I was on an alien planet.  Then I realised it was modelled after someone's back garden.

Around the Network
shogia said:
S.Peelman said:

#4 - ?

This game is usually overshadowed by it's very well known spiritual predecessor. Maybe it's the slight 'childish' look of the game...

Chrono Cross?

Nope. Good guess though! Could've been it.

The game I'm looking for is however on Chrono Cross's predecessor's original console.

Kresnik said:

Clue for my #03 - At first when exploring the strange first world of this game, I really thought I was on an alien planet.  Then I realised it was modelled after someone's back garden.

Pikmin

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

S.Peelman said:
shogia said:
S.Peelman said:

#4 - ?

This game is usually overshadowed by it's very well known spiritual predecessor. Maybe it's the slight 'childish' look of the game...

Chrono Cross?

The game I'm looking for is however on Chrono Cross's predecessor's original console.

Yoshi's Island?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Kresnik said:

Pikmin

Yup :)

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Kantor said:

Clue for #3: Chosen one or not, nobody steals my sweetroll.

Slippage problem solved!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Correct!

I couldn't think of a more difficult clue and in any case you've all been failing with my recent difficult ones.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

4. Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

Arkham Asylum was like Metroid, and Arkham City has taken another Nintendo series for inspiration, that being Zelda. Arkham City is a lot more open than its predecessor, and each building that you explore is like a Zelda dungeon (some being larger than others), with the city being the equivalent of Hyrule. Put those thematic comparisons aside though, and the game stands firmly and proudly on its own two feet. It's a joy to play from start to finish, with a large amount of content both within the main story, and with the various sidequests, including a massive amount of Riddler challenges. The one big problem with Arkham Asylum was that the island was a little too self-contained, and you rarely got to try out Batman's gliding capabilities. That is fixed here, as it's eventually possible (with the correct upgrades) to glide from one side of the city to the other without touching the ground. That improvement is vital in the idea of the game. You are Batman, now go beat up the bad guys.

Clue for 3. Now with added dinosaur.

VGChartz

I'm going to be busy the next few days, so I'll leave hints for you to guess at.

4. Best RPG Square Enix has ever made, which is their own IP, not a Final Fantasy game.

3. The Best RPG ever made. A joint colaboration between two companies which hasn't been seen since, and the traditional villain of the series is only the first boss, then later an ally.

2. Best racing game ever made. I see this one on most of your lists. Introduces this new blue spikey thing.

1. Best party game of all time. Sequel to the controller busting iteration.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

S.Peelman said:
shogia said:
S.Peelman said:

#4 - ?

Chrono Cross?

No that's impossible, every game has it's best iteration on the SNES

Unless the predecessor is also a SNES game, in that sense, Yoshi's Island!

However, IMO Yoshi's Story is a much better game.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Mr Khan said:
S.Peelman said:
shogia said:
S.Peelman said:

#4 - ?

Chrono Cross?

Yoshi's Island?

Correct .

Yoshi's Island is way better than Mario World in my opinion!