By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

TruckOSaurus said:
Kantor said:

Clue for 21: The first appearance this generation of a villain whom I love.

Also: who knew that voice actor (not the one who plays the villain) had such range?

You've had a Doctor Nefarious avatar for such a long time that I'm gonna go with Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (or A Crack in Time if you meant return as main villain)

The second. Well remembered.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Scoobes said:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

What part first gave it away? ;__;

I never owned the game (played it round my mate's), but that Jiggly Puff noise is enough to make me wince even today! The rest clicked into place after that.

#22 - Infamous (PS3)

As guessed by Milkyjoe.  Infamous was an impulse purchase for me when Gamestation were 'going out of business' and it was incredibly marked down and I liked the box art.  After playing it, I wondered how the hell I let this game pass me by.  Faffing around in Empire City with Cole - a surprisingly nimble and agile character with a full array of superpowers - was an absolute blast.  In a different way to how GTA was enjoyable by having so much to do, in Infamous I just felt like exploring all the time.  Add in a surprisingly touching story with a killer twist (never saw it coming but once it happened I couldn't believe how much sense the whole game meant) and I was completely sold on the franchise and Sucker Punch's talent.

Clue for my #21 - Oft-ignored sequel in a classic gaming spin-off series that offered 'double' the fun.

22. Fallout 3 (PC, also on 360 & PS3)

Fallout 1 & 2 were classic old-school RPGs. Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns! When I found out Bethesda were doing the new game I was very excited and it didn't dissappoint. Large open sprawling world, the perks that made the original games great and an odd mix of old school Fallout atmosphere mixed with modern open-world Oblivion-esque gameplay. It just seemed to have a great mix of old and new WRPG elements. Nearly all of my gamer points are thanks to this game (A full 1500 thanks to the DLC!). The levelling system was great and exploring the each new area was a joy. The lessons learnt on Fallout 3 (and Oblivion for that matter) have also translated well into Skyrim.

Hint for #21:

This game contains garbage bags, ice cream cones, cotton balls, and candles.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Hint for #21:

That collection of items seems random enough to belong in an old school point n' click adventure

Scoobes said:
Smeags said:
Hint for #21:

That collection of items seems random enough to belong in an old school point n' click adventure

I'm just happy my hint has lasted more than 5 minutes this time.

Clue for 21: This game differs from the other in its series in that it doesn't share the usual cast of characters or locations. It also started as a port of another game in the series before developing into its own game and has been remade at least once.

Smeags said:
Scoobes said:
Smeags said:
Hint for #21:

I'm just happy my hint has lasted more than 5 minutes this time.

I have no clue tbh. Was I at least right with point n' click adventure?

Scoobes said:

I have no clue tbh. Was I at least right with point n' click adventure?

Unfortunately not. No Adventure games in my Top 50 (Okr would be disappointed in me ).

The game also includes the trickster fox.