By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Here is my clue for my 48th:
The game is based on your creativity

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Alright, so 49 was Super Mario 64.

48 will be the first of 2 appearances from everyone's favourite Commander, which spawned multiple sequels in the following years.

Commander Keen?

My 48th game(s) is misleadingly titled, because the earliest games in the franchise actually were monochromatic, but had colorful titles, instead of being a colorful game with a monochromatic title.

Pokemon

@Veknoid_Outcast: I have no idea. EBA? TWEWY?

Agents are...GO!

49. Heroes of Might & Magic III (1999)
Last Year: 48

There's been so many great memories when it's come to this game. Spending hours upon hours (a single game could take a very long time...) building your town, amassing an army, and conquering the world around you was always a blast. Each and every faction had unique cities and monsters, so the game had almost infinite replayability. My favorite faction? Necropolis of course! Amassing hundreds upon hundreds of Skeletons (extremely weak alone... but with numbers...) and overwhelming my enemies with sheer numbers is always a pleasure. In fact, I recently repurchased this game a couple of years ago (the original game was lost ) to see how it held up... and it holds up wonderfully. Great sprite graphics, amazing music, and great hybrid real time/turn based strategy elements make this game a classic.

49. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)

I've played this game to the point that even the thought of playing it again actually turns my stomach a little, but there's no doubting that I immensely enjoyed the ungodly amount of time I spent in the idyllic Mineral Town. Tending my crops, macking on the local bitches, imprenganting (sic) cows... if this is what farming was really like, I'd run away and become Amish in a heartbeat.

pezus said:

Diablo III >_>

That's actually a well educated guess, Pezus.  But no!  It would seem there is more than one game from 2000 which got a 2012 sequel :>

Around the Network

@Kresnik: Max Payne 3?

Signature goes here!

#49. Alan Wake (Xbox 360 - Also on Windows)

This game was the first time a horror game got to me like this. The atmosphere was so immersive, the narrative was superb, the visuals were spectacular, and most of all  it was actually scary, even though I was playing it with a friend. We'd actually take turns playing the game cuz the game's atmosphere would get too to handle for very long haha. I had a really great time playing this game, even though I never owned it.

Backstory: A close friend of mine had just bought an Xbox360. We needed games to play so went to a shop to buy some. Among the ones that were there was Alan Wake, which I had only seen/heard about in the forums here, I figured what the heck. Thanks for that, guys! ;)

My next game suffered from a dual personality. I only enjoyed half of it (but oh boy was it good).

Kresnik said:
pezus said:

Diablo III >_>

That's actually a well educated guess, Pezus.  But no!  It would seem there is more than one game from 2000 which got a 2012 sequel :>

Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2?

Well, the game on my list is Tekken Tag Tournament, but yep, you got the gist of it.  Excellent work :P