By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

miz1q2w3e said:
Kresnik said:

Clue for my #32 - Sequel to a platform game which became a platform for games.

LittleBigPlanet 2

You're very good at this, Miz!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
#33: If you saw some rice lying on the floor while patrolling what would you do? Well the guard in this game all seem to think it's a good idea to go eat it!

Tenchu games

Kresnik said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Kresnik said:

Clue for my #32 - Sequel to a platform game which became a platform for games.

LittleBigPlanet 2

You're very good at this, Miz!

Clever hint, by the way.

32. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Super Mario Kart, a.k.a. reason 2,732 that SNES era Nintendo was on fire. Easily the best use of Mode 7 (reason 2,733), it stands as a seminal moment in racing game history. Its commercial success and universal critical acclaim were enough to spawn not only a new franchise for Nintendo - one which rivals the mainline Mario series in popularity - but an entire new subgenre of silly and unrealistic racers by host of imitators, most notably Gran Turismo.

Hint for 32: The meaning of life, plus the number of Divines according to Ulfric Stormcloak, minus the number of currently released games in my second favourite current gen new IP franchise (PS exclusive) as of 29th November 2012.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

#33. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN)

I bought after Zelda TP and played I it on my Wii. I was always curious about this game but I never got a chance to buy it cuz I was kinda MIA towards the end of that gen. When I tried it, the first thing I noticed was how good it looked. The game's visual style was beautiful and still holds up well. But even more amazing than the visual style was the soundtrack. The game's music moves me to this day, simply magnificent, I can't state it enough. The deeper I dive into this list, the more I realize how much love I have for these games <3 Listen

33) Heavy Rain (PS3 / 2010 / Adventure)

It's really refreshing when a unique title comes along, and Heavy Rain is certainly a unique title. It is clearly building upon its predecessor, Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, but the controls are far smoother, the story is better told and more interesting, the characters have more depth and you actually feel like you are playing an adventure game rather than glorified Dance Dance Revolution.

It can be a little bit clunky at times, and interactivity is often limited, but that's all part of the charm, and unlike in 99.9% of games ever made, you can actually influence the ending beyond one obvious moral choice leading to one of two endings, one of which is clearly rushed and awful.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

#33 - Street Fighter II Turbo, the purest fighting game on a console. A pioneer of the modern game in it's genre. The game features advanced controls that really put the SNES's revolutionary controller to good use. Of all the games in this list, this one is probably the one I played the least actually, but every time I popped in that cartridge, I was amazed at the sophistication of this game. Also, it's a pretty damn good game to play multiplayer.

#32 - ?
This racing game on PC by this company that also makes consoles has got to be the most unrealistic representation of crossing through dirt ever.

35. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

The best Mario and Luigi game yet. A great RPG and one of the most funny games I ever played. It takes the edge over Superstar Saga because of the godliness of Bowser.

34. Medieval II: Total War

Brilliant strategy game. I never was a big fan of the TW battles, but the campaign is just too good. Medieval II also gains points for taking place in my favorite age of history.

Smeags said:
Scoobes said:
Clue for 32: This game features queens, vultures and templars!

Not enough minerals!

Well done