By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am liking FFXIII-2 way too much.

Played 120 hours of FF XIII and got the platinum trophy for it. Looking back on it, I forced myself to do it, even though I enjoyed parts of the game.
Tried the demo for FF XIII-2 and was immediately bored. Did not and will not buy it.

I just can't be assed with JRPG's anymore, they all feel stale and the same to me. I can't relate to the characters, they're too weird, too young, too deep in problems that are absolute alien to me. And to think I grew up playing japanese games and enjoying them the most...

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Monsters in your party? Reminds me of Pokemon/Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinistrals from the sounds of that. Might like it who knows, enjoyed the first game as what it was: a RPG.

First game got a 8.8/10 from me. Predicting the 2nd one will get at least 8.5.

Now that's some epic stuff.

Yeah I enjoyed ff13-2 alot more than 13 but still they are a long way off being GOOD Final fantasies.

Good games just not good Final Fantasies.

dahuman said:
I was instantly turned off when I played it at PAX Prime 2011, and only because of one reason, fucking QTEs.

The game has 5 QTE sections in the whole game. All of them occur in the main story, that is 1 QTE/5 hours and that only if you don't play any side quests in between.

I haven't played XIII-2 yet. Its one of the games I might pick up if there's a deal on it over the holiday season.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Darc Requiem said:
@OP

I think you have this false assumption that people stopped caring about FF because of XIII. XIII was simply the last straw for many.

Which means they stopped caring right?

Yes it that means they stopped caring. It was cumulative effect however. One bad game in series is easier to overcome than a loss of direction. The Final Fantasy franchise seems lost, like a rudderless ship. Square Enix doesn't seem to know what Final Fantasy is and as such, they don't have the ability to make a good Final Fantasy game.

Welcome to the club

Barozi said:
Boutros said:
I loved FFXIII-2 of course but it's not better than FFXIII.

But if your main issue with FFXIII was the linearity than I guess yeah you'll enjoy FFXIII-2 more.

Also FFXIII-2 was a lot more fun to platinum than FFXIII. The paradox endings are nice too.

Exactly what I think. FFXIII does nearly everything better. Still an enjoyable game though.

How is that even possible when every complaint from XIII was addressed and 'fixed' in XIII-2

Both of you are reptiles. That's the only explanation. Yes you are part of ioi's reptile conspiracy crew.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I would probably enjoy FFXIII-2 but not as a Final Fantasy game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

To troll or not to troll, that is the question.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android