By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold prediction time ! PS Vita will sell less than Kinect lifetime

Your take ?

Definitely yes ! 57 39.04%

Possible but I'm not sure. 35 23.97%

No way ! 14 9.59%

You be trollin' 27 18.49%

The users above implied y... 13 8.90%

Total:146
Barozi said:
Kresnik said:
VicViper said:

Or not, if the 3DS becomes a mega beast in comparison there - it's happening, and no resistance is being made.

I doubt they're going to make another Resistance for the Vita, one is enough.

punctuation is the key here. He never said that another one is going to be made.

"and no, resistance is being made" but close enough.

I know this is the internet, but I'm joking.  Just a little wordplay.  Resistance is the name of a Sony franchise as well as what Sony need to put up in Japan.

I regret it now.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Kresnik said:
VicViper said:

Or not, if the 3DS becomes a mega beast in comparison there - it's happening, and no resistance is being made.

Resistance as in Competition, not the Sony franchise.

THANK YOU BASIL, that was the joke -_-

:P

As soon as they get rid of the PSP and make GTA an a Monster hunter for PSV they will sell more.

also November should help because a few good PSVITA games are comming out

RolStoppable said:
Kinect shipments: 8m by the end of 2010, 17-18m by the end of 2011, 20m by its second anniversary. That thing has slowed down massively and it's already certain that it won't raise back from the ashes.

On the other side, the Vita can still hope to leverage the pro-PlayStation bias of Japanese third parties. If that happens, Sony's handheld will post healthy sales in at least one region which would be enough to put it above the Kinect in lifetime sales. 15m in Japan, 10m in America, 10m in Europe, it definitely won't take more than that to beat Kinect.

Wow, go home Rol, you're drunk

For 15 million there it should have started selling great 6 months ago and Vita won't start selling not even ok (let alone great) for at least another 6 months. PSP  is at 19 million after 8 years of great sales.  Its lowest week is 9k achieved 4 months ago. Vita lowest week, half of that... is the next.

Wow, that is a bold statement. At first I thought, hey he is just trollin', but then, I think you are on to something.

Kinect should be around 25-30 million by the end of the year. This is its first holiday at it's lower price - and we saw how well it did last Black Friday at a discount.

I can see Microsoft really pushing it for the kids - Nat Geo, Sesame Street, etc. - and then for the Adults - now that the kids are asleep you can play/watch/exercise. And capturing both audiences.

I think Vita is suffering from a changing market. Where phones replace handhelds.

PS I think you may have giving some executive at Sony a major shock, buy expressing their deepest fears, lol.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Barozi said:
Kresnik said:
VicViper said:

punctuation is the key here. He never said that another one is going to be made.

I know this is the internet, but I'm joking.  Just a little wordplay.  Resistance is the name of a Sony franchise as well as what Sony need to put up in Japan.

I regret it now.

I know that, it's just that you said "I doubt they're going to make another Resistance for the Vita, one is enough." despite VicViper having said "it's happening, and no resistance is being made." which would imply that he claims that NO Resistance is in the making.
You're respond should've been "You don't think they're going to make another Resistance game for the Vita ?" or "Yeah I also think they're not going to make another Resistance game for the Vita".

Kresnik said:
Barozi said:
Kresnik said:
VicViper said:

I regret it now.

I liked the joke. Dont quit, fight for you dreams.

RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:

I regret it now.

Normally the audience shouldn't be blamed, but in this particular case it's very, very, very hard to blame anything but the audience.

The audience isn't interested.
When Sony lets 2nd rate, noob developers with a history of making low selling, low rated games, people won't buy them. Right now Vita is getting mostly shovelware. There are few exceptions like Assassin's Creed, Persona 4 and Uncharted. 

Thing things is, I'm not making excuses for the Vita....all consoles go through this at launch. Sony just isn't handling it very well.

Zappykins said:
Wow, that is a bold statement. At first I thought, hey he is just trollin', but then, I think you are on to something.

Kinect should be around 25-30 million by the end of the year. This is its first holiday at it's lower price - and we saw how well it did last Black Friday at a discount.

I can see Microsoft really pushing it for the kids - Nat Geo, Sesame Street, etc. - and then for the Adults - now that the kids are asleep you can play/watch/exercise. And capturing both audiences.

I think Vita is suffering from a changing market. Where phones replace handhelds.

PS I think you may have giving some executive at Sony a major shock, buy expressing their deepest fears, lol.

Nope. Last numbers Microsoft gave was 20million shipped. There's no way Kinect is selling 5 million more within the next 2 months. 
I say 23million. Max.

Zappykins said:

nah I think this is too much. Probably hmm23- 24m shipped at the end of the year.

We have Kinect Adventures at 56k this week and at the same time last year it already doubled that.

Lifetime is hard to predict without knowing anything about the Nextbox, but I don't think it will top 30m.