By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold prediction time ! PS Vita will sell less than Kinect lifetime

Your take ?

Definitely yes ! 57 39.04%

Possible but I'm not sure. 35 23.97%

No way ! 14 9.59%

You be trollin' 27 18.49%

The users above implied y... 13 8.90%

Total:146

I hope your not right :/

Around the Network
Barozi said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm going to go ahead and say no. I believe the Vita can get at least 30m lifetime sales. They have been bundling Kinect decently with most of their SKUs. It isn't bundled with every SKU though right?

no

Well, if they start bundling it with every single SKU then your prediction might come true.  Just depends if they drop it for a Kinect 2 when the next xbox comes out.  Perhaps they might have a successor for the Kinect on release of the next system.  I just read this article and they are stating rumors of it releasing a 299 with Kinect 2 , 8 times as powerful system, etc..  You would think they would have to be taking a loss on hardware if they are going to bundle the next Kinect with the new system while maintaining a 299 price point.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/xbox-leak-reveals-kinect-2-augmented-reality-glasses-833583

Good call.

I'd say no, as long as Sony will keep supporting the Vita it should be able to top Kinect in the long run. The very very long run...

sethnintendo said:
Barozi said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm going to go ahead and say no. I believe the Vita can get at least 30m lifetime sales. They have been bundling Kinect decently with most of their SKUs. It isn't bundled with every SKU though right?

no

Well, if they start bundling it with every single SKU then your prediction might come true.  Just depends if they drop it for a Kinect 2 when the next xbox comes out.  Perhaps they might have a successor for the Kinect on release of the next system.  I just read this article and they are stating rumors of it releasing a 299 with Kinect 2 , 8 times as powerful system, etc..  You would think they would have to be taking a loss on hardware if they are going to bundle the next Kinect with the new system while maintaining a 299 price point.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/xbox-leak-reveals-kinect-2-augmented-reality-glasses-833583

I don't think they'll drop Kinect 1.0 just because they release 2.0 with x3ox: Kinect 2.0 won't be compatible with Xbox360, and therefor MS will continue to sell 1.0 to all of those how can't afford x3ox or hasn't gotten Kinect for their 360...

And a little off topic: going by that rumor it's quite clear that x3ox won't be a massive leap over Wii U. But I'm derailing the thread if we're to go deeper in to that analysis ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Barozi said:
Vinniegambini said:
Software sells hardware, it's as simple as that. 3DS learned that the fact the hard way but acted quickly and today, the 3DS is no longer being sold at a loss, has an incredible software library (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion coming in Q1 or Q2 of 2013 - can't wait) and is gaining momentum like crazy.

The problem with the Vita is that it has no software that appeal to the masses to justify the purchase. The Vita's hardware is really cool and intriguing but there is no platinum seller like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Monster Hunter. I'm afraid that without the help of third party franchises like Final Fantasy and others, the system will have a short life.

On a side not, I don't even think Square Enix will release Final Fantasy X on the Vita anymore. It will probably be released on the 3DS. Square Enix had a lot of success with Dragon Quest on the 3DS almost selling 1 million, and another is coming with Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS... So I really don't see a positive future with the Vita :(

Bold prediction time !!!

Yay! Let all the crazy predictions begin!!

I wanna predict that 3DS will outsell either of PS4 or x3ox, but we simply don't know enough about next gen to make those kind of predictions :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I think there's maybe a slim, slim possibility of this happening.

That is, unless sales pick up in the West (Japan is pretty much gone unless the Vita gets some massive games in the next 6 months), and Kinect falls off the cliff. Either way, likely only a few mil in it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:
sethnintendo said:
Barozi said:
sethnintendo said:

no

Not sure what you are talking about, you make it sound like people have Kinect due to it being a free bundle.  

Every kinect sold is rhe result of a positive buying decision on behalf of the consumer. It isn't bundled free and both console flavours are available without Kinect. 

No, I am mainly talking about how bundling will help its sales and perhaps sell more than Vita lifetime.  If you want to think I am taking a Wii Sports approach look at this then so be it.  I know plenty of Kinect sold by themselves or people spent extra money on the SKUs for the inclusion of Kinect.  I was just stating that bundling it with every SKU would be better for the numbers than selling it separately.   If anything I view it like MK Wii.  Some people are like well MK Wii only sold well because it was bundled while ignoring that it sold 25+m or whatever by itself.   However, I see it sold a shitload at first and was helped by bundling later.