By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 or Playstation 4 will debut next year, says Activision

the_dengle said:
007BondAgent said:
sony needs to be the first one out this time.

Unless they can reveal, market, manufacture, and ship consoles to stores within the next 8 days -- and don't forget the launch line-up -- I don't think it's gonna happen.

Honestly, I think Sony could benefit from being the last console out. The PS3 launched too early if anything, and they shouldn't repeat that mistake.

To early?

PS3 released to late. Any later and we wouldnt be talking about PS3  today.

Late again will kill the Playstation brand altogether. 

Around the Network

After reading his quote, I don't see confirmation of anything tbh.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

selnor said:

To early?

Yup, too early. Manufacturing costs were too high, especially for the Blu-Ray compatibility, driving the price up. Launch games were so-so. PS2 was still selling quite well. If Sony had waited till Holiday '07 to release the PS3, it would've been heralded as the second (or third?) coming of Video-Game-Console-Christ. And it probably would have sold as such.

As it was, Sony was already forced to drop the price before the PS3's second holiday. They may as well have waited a year to begin production and launched at $500.

I'm surprised.

Both 720 and PS4 will be out next fall. Book it.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
After reading his quote, I don't see confirmation of anything tbh.

yeah indeed this just sounds like another one of koticks random ramblings rather than a case of starting to talk about which of the 2 systems he was talking about it would be better to start guess's on which 2 drugs he has taken today.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Am I the only one who doesn't think that releasing first, guarantees anyone's success ?

Having a good line up of games in the first year is more important for the success of any console.

the_dengle said:
selnor said:

To early?

Yup, too early. Manufacturing costs were too high, especially for the Blu-Ray compatibility, driving the price up. Launch games were so-so. PS2 was still selling quite well. If Sony had waited till Holiday '07 to release the PS3, it would've been heralded as the second (or third?) coming of Video-Game-Console-Christ. And it probably would have sold as such.

As it was, Sony was already forced to drop the price before the PS3's second holiday. They may as well have waited a year to begin production and launched at $500.

You mean 2007?????

That would have destroyed them.

By then imo MGS series would have been lost. FF possibly to. Also 360 would have likely sold even better than it already was by then.

Couple together PS3 would then have been releasing alongside Halo 3 ouch!

And then Gears 2 in 2008. Your forgetting waiting till then for Ps3 would have meant no Uncarted 3 by now, GT5 would have taken longer etc. It would have skewed Sonys genertaion to much. It would ave killed them.

dont' think sony want to fall to far behind microsoft in time delay,2014 still looks possible to me we are end 2012 already,it's hard to see how sony can even afford a new console and what goes with that,earning a profit on each is a must surely this time round

Above & Beyond

selnor said:
the_dengle said:
selnor said:

To early?

You mean 2007?????

That would have destroyed them.

By then imo MGS series would have been lost. FF possibly to. Also 360 would have likely sold even better than it already was by then.

Couple together PS3 would then have been releasing alongside Halo 3 ouch!

And then Gears 2 in 2008. Your forgetting waiting till then for Ps3 would have meant no Uncarted 3 by now, GT5 would have taken longer etc. It would have skewed Sonys genertaion to much. It would ave killed them.

I think you are right. Being late more than a year and having no notable exclusive against Gears and Halo would have killed them. I remember how much buzz Gears created with its graphics and gameplay. That was one of my buying point of the 360.