By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Bungie's decision to leave the Halo universe the best thing to happen to Halo?

*With MS buying Bungie :P

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
toadslayer72 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Everytime a new Halo game gets released people call it the best one (well except for ODST/WARS and anniversary for obvious reasons) but you should look up the launch Halo reach thread for an example.

I don't really agree with all your reasons...

Impressions will change after one month...

Honestly after beating the campaign I find it hard to say it is the best Halo game. The star wars/COD additions don't make me to happy...Their is so much missing that makes me miss the other games that I can't talk about without spoiling;..But can tell you already that I miss the funny understandable discussions of the Covenant....and a lot of them are missing.. Also hoped to see a lot more that didn't make it and all of this because they still had not the time enough for it...

That's exactly the type of shit I'm glad is gone.

Why?

I always found it too kiddie, especially the Grunts. I prefer darkness, like the way the Covenant were portrayed in the novel Fall of Reach and in the more recent Forward Unto Dawn series.

Like in Halo ODST?  Because that was an dark direction Bungie went into.  With almost hidden joke dialogues.

@maxim.   Just to point out how people react everytime when their is a new halo game.    I got reported because I said Halo 3 rather felt like an dissapointed especially the visuals... (Complain about Halo 3 visuals = you only are a hater),   but liked that game later on a lot more thx to forge and the new maps. 

If I only could find the thread where I got reported like 6 times because I said Halo Reach isn't that good (also gave that game an 8.9).  

I have many complaints about Halo 4 now but I would probably spoil the game for many so I will write them down some time later.

I agree 100% because that seems like a popular thing to say

toadslayer72 said:
LOL, ouch! You got those dudes by the balls, I wanna see what they come back with LMAO. Now I'm scared.....don't look me up, lol.

I was one of them and he doesnt have me by the balls.

I stand by what I said in the Reach thread. It was the best Bungie Halo and when it first dropped I was blown away. Once the newness of the game wore off though I quickly got bored.  It didnt have the lasting ability Halo 2 and 3 had for me and tbat was mostly beca7se after a couple months I realized not much had changed.  I still agree that Reach is a 9.7 game.

That doesnt change the fact Im glad Bungie moved on.  Im not convinced Bungie wiuld have innovated Ho 4 as much as 343 did and thus it probabky wouldnt even have had the lasting appeak Reach did for me.  Look at my stats Reach is the Halo I played the least amount of time with

I quoted those people just to point out how with every Halo game we got those god status of a game comments.

That anti-bungie feeling going on makes it even so sad... 'Halo 4's creative/art team makes the Halo/Reach/3/ODST team' like a bunch of losers...

I guess I sould not mention it is mostly the same team..

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
I quoted those people just to point out how with every Halo game we got those god status of a game comments.

That anti-bungie feeling going on makes it even so sad... 'Halo 4's creative/art team makes the Halo/Reach/3/ODST team' like a bunch of losers...

Ive never said anything like that.  Bungie is an amazing developer and I will fully support their next IP.

Im still glad they are done with Halo though.  It was time for a new team with fresh ideas to tackle Halo.  As I said Bungies Halos were just starting to feel stagnant for me.

BenVTrigger said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Ive never said anything like that.  Bungie is an amazing developer and I will fully support their next IP.

Im still glad they are done with Halo though.  It was time for a new team with fresh ideas to tackle Halo.  As I said Bungies Halos were just starting to feel stagnant for me.

Well if you give it a 9.7 (Reach) I think you will feel like it is an god like game..  The rest I mentioned is not about you...

I do feel Reach was a god like Game.

Doesnt mean I cant get bored of it though